Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear )

Article about: I was very pleased to recently add one of these helmets to my collection as they are quite rare and hard to source and almost never come up for sale in the marketplace and I know of only one

Mark just an after thought but this style design imo is similar to the ww2 period early Bungee / S.O.E training Helmets

?

Hi James yes they do have a striking resemblance to the WW II Bungee /S.O.E. training helmets and this was pointed out by a member on a different venue a couple of weeks back as well...
    As to the disassembly of the helmet to show the inner workings it arrived in the mail a couple of days back and I took the liberty to unzip the cover and have a peek on the inside and I will with any luck have some time to photograph the internal components over the next few days...
    I as well was able to acquire a lovely Para Jump smock and trousers in the "palm frond" and or "Indian leaf" pattern and will post some better images in the Post 45 Camo thread once they arrive in the post...

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear )  Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear ) 

Glad you found a matching set Mark and i look forward to seeing the full set up

?

Thanx James sorry the quality of the sellers pics are very poor and lack any real detail ...

Regards Mark

?

Hi James as promised here are a few pics of the inner components of the Patka helmet the design is rather simplistic in nature although very hard to tell from the images the phantom steel band is a little thicker in the forehead section and wraps around approx 1/4 of the circumference of the band and is wrapped in a light Polyethylene foam that has been glued together..
    The inner padding as best I can tell is produced from an EVA and or cross-linked Polyethylene type foam and is then sewn into a sleeve so can not be disassembled for further inspection...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear )   Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear )  

Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear )   Indian Patka Helmet (Safety Head Gear )  

Mark many thanks for your time and trouble ,I've learned a great deal on It's composition
    Cheers James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2