Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interested what kind of helmet was this .

Article about: by Opex I would not have had a clue either, the first glance made me think the liner was Swiss in style, but this model is a new one me, that's an interesting and uber- rare prize for someon

Default Interested what kind of helmet was this .

Hi folks
    This helmet was listed on ebay and was at £67 after a few hours, now today it has ended, obviously someone has probably did a back door deal.
    What I was interested on was what kind of helmet it actually was, might be an easy answer for one of you who is more intelligent than me. I had it on my watch list because it was something I had not seen before and was going to research it later on in the auction.
    Sorry these are the only pictures listed with it.
    Thanks and Regards
    Rod
    Interested what kind of helmet was this .Interested what kind of helmet was this .

I don't fancy the goldfishes chances in that stagnant pool......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I,m racking my brains , trying to think where i,ve seen one of these before, but its not coming to me and bugging me

?

It is a WW I Austrian Berndorfer. They are rare.

Steve is right. Seems to be in collectable condition too.

Thanks Steve, well spotted.
    This would explain the 17 bids in the first two hours, there was only three bidders though.
    Wish I had tried a back door offer now I know what it was. Unfortunately it could have been an old miners helmet or the like, knowing my luck.
    Here is a link to the auction and some more information I’ve now found. certainly seems to be a rare helmet, and it had its liner. British WW1/WW2 Helmet plus one other poss German Early 1930s. | eBay
    Austrian M-16 "Berndorfer" Helmets
    Thanks for everyone’s time
    Rod

here is a photo showing this helmet in use during WWI
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interested what kind of helmet was this .  

shame you lost it.

?

I would not have had a clue either, the first glance made me think the liner was Swiss in style, but this model is a new one me, that's an interesting and uber- rare prize for someone

A nice, complete, Berndorfer! Snooze you lose.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast