Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting helmet I found... real?

Article about: Found this Freikorps helmet for sale any thoughts? Real?

Default Interesting helmet I found... real?

Found this Freikorps helmet for sale any thoughts? Real?
    Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?Interesting helmet I found... real?

?

not turkish .

Turkish? I haven't seen any pics of freikorps wearing Turkish stahlhelms. The turk ones are more sloped and have rivets on the tail. I was under the impression that they used normal m16's/m17's?

Edit: I see what you mean, I was thinking of the ones issued to turkey which look very different but I'm guessing you're talking about the ones that turkey didn't receive/want. I guess this isn't real then? Any ideas?

?

My understanding is that the Freikorps used the 'Turkish' helmets that never made it to Turkey and this is not one of those helmets because the rim would be folded all the way round . I don't see why somebody would go to the trouble of removing the visor which would make me cautious.

This may be better being moved to the German helmet section, where it will get some attention from more experienced collectors in the field.

Someone else already bought it but thanks! It looked too suspicious to me.

The skull and bones have seen a blowtorch. That and it is just a butchered M18 made to look like one of the Turk contract lids. Pass.

it is not turkish.ottoman army never use skull paintings on helmets

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Interesting helmet I found... real?
    You're 'avin a Turkish ain't ya?

Tell 'em Gunny.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

yes i am turkish)))