Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC

Article about: Morning gents I just purchased this Mk II HSRAC this morning bought strictly as a curiosity as I really liked the camo pattern and have not seen an example like it before the camo paint look

?

Default Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC

Morning gents I just purchased this Mk II HSRAC this morning bought strictly as a curiosity as I really liked the camo pattern and have not seen an example like it before the camo paint looks to have been on this example for some time as I can see what looks to be legitimate age to the paint with some scuffing and scratches and a little rust poking through here and there in a few places which is evident by the images of the dome and the helmet rim.
    So IMO the camo paint has been on it for some time anyway it is sporting what appears to be a very late model Mk 5 liner and a Mk 4 chinstrap. if nothing else it will make for an interesting display and conversation piece and will display rather nicely in my collection.
    Have any of you gents seen a similar camo pattern used on a tin lid before all comments are welcome sorry for the picture quality they are the sellers I will post up a few better ones upon its arrival in the post.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC   Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC  

Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC   Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC  

Interesting, it looks like an attempt at DPM!...

?

It is rather odd Gunny and I did not have to pay a lot for it and thought it was just a cool looking lid and worth taking a chance on what can I say I like my camos

Regards Mark

It shows artistic flair to me, and is not the sort of daubing I would expect from a squaddie. There was quite some time and thought went into doing this methinks.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Very cool whatever the truth of the matter Mark.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Ned thanks for your opinion and you are correct a lot of time and effort went in to the camo paint work we may never know who why or when it was done but it does show some definite age and patina to the paint so IMO not done recently an interesting helmet to be shur and I will gladly display it makes for a hell of a conversation piece.
    Thanks Jerry I rather like it my self and feel the same way about it thought it was worth a punt and got it for a decent price .

Regards Mark

?

Hi Mark, I was watching that one myself due to the interesting paint job, I would say that it is unlikely that any British Squaddie would have enough time in his/her hands to recreate this DPM pattern, but I would have put a bid in purely because of the imaginative camo effect but forgot to !!

I look forward to seeing your pictures when it arrives on your shores,congrats on getting this one buddy

?

Id love to see some closeups, no expert on this sort of helmet but the camo looks hugely interesting and would love to see more of it.

?

Thanx Gary I had no expectation of the camo paint job being done by a member of the Armed forces but agree it is an interesting camo scheme which was the hole reason I purchased it if the paint had the look of newly applied I very probably would have left it were it sits but as it shows IMO some definate age and patina I thought it would make for an intresting display piece .

Regards Mark

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Id love to see some closeups, no expert on this sort of helmet but the camo looks hugely interesting and would love to see more of it.
    Thanks for your input Doug I agree an intresting camo will post up some better images once it arrives .
    I am always optimistic about these one off kind of lids because one really does not know until he has it in hand.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast