Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC

Article about: Morning gents I just purchased this Mk II HSRAC this morning bought strictly as a curiosity as I really liked the camo pattern and have not seen an example like it before the camo paint look

Interesting helmet, must say though that my CSM would have had a seizure if anyone had turned up on parade with that on their head..

?

Have you seen the one Marway is selling? Not a camo but an interesting one nonetheless. I only collect wartime examples so not interested but you may be Mark.

?

Hi Doug are you talking about the post war 53 BMB para helmet they had listed on E-bay for a while if memory serves me correct painted white with a set of para wings on the front to 2-B-COY .

Regards Mark

hi mark ,a superb looking mk11 for sure ,it will be great conversation piece and a lid that will display very well ,i look forward to more detailed photos once in your hot sticky mitts ,nice find mate
    Regards James

?

Thanx James she will be at least a week getting here from the UK.
    Can't wait to get it in hand for a look and take some better pics.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanx Gary I had no expectation of the camo paint job being done by a member of the Armed forces but agree it is an interesting camo scheme which was the hole reason I purchased it if the paint had the look of newly applied I very probably would have left it were it sits but as it shows IMO some definate age and patina I thought it would make for an intresting display piece .

Regards Mark
    No worries Mark, I wonder what the CRF inside the shell relates too, and the more I look the more the pattern look's vaguely like MTP rather than the original temperate DPM ?
    And as before I look forward to seeing more detailed pictures, hopefully the postage will be swift

?

Thanks for your input Garry as stated makes for one hell of a conversation piece I as well noticed the initials CRF painted on the inside.
    The interior paint IMO looks to be original as does the base color on the exterior of the shell I as well am looking forward to its arrival in the mail it was just far to interesting to pass up.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks for your input Garry as stated makes for one hell of a conversation piece I as well noticed the initials CRF painted on the inside.
    The interior paint IMO looks to be original as does the base color on the exterior of the shell I as well am looking forward to its arrival in the mail it was just far to interesting to pass up.

Regards Mark

Good point Mark the camo effect does appear to be painted over the top of the original finish, I look forward to finding out what date is in the shell, and how old the Mk5 liner is too

?

The helmet arrived in the post yesterday thought I would share a few more images I would say the liner has not been removed from the helmet for some time I had to pry it loose as the buffers had adhered them selves to the shell unfortunately there was no makers mark and or date stamp visible anywhere on the shell.
    As to the camo paint job I have not had a lot of time to look around on the net for a comparative example but I am of the opinion that the camo paint was done some time ago and IMO was painted over the original post war OD textured paint.
    I must say I am quite pleased to add it to my collection and find it an interesting lid that will display rather well I have been contemplating starting to search out other nations that used the HSRAC to see if I can locate another example out there.

I could not help but notice that the initials painted on the interior were painted with the same brown color as used on the exterior camo so very probably done by the same person I would say.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC   Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC  

Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC   Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC  

Last edited by Mark K; 08-16-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Add info

Very nice Mark, a real beauty IMO, regardless of when or why it was done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast