Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Intresting Camo painted Mk II HSRAC

Article about: Morning gents I just purchased this Mk II HSRAC this morning bought strictly as a curiosity as I really liked the camo pattern and have not seen an example like it before the camo paint look

?

Thanks Jerry regardless of the who why and were it is an interesting helmet and I am quite happy with it .

Regards Mark

?

Great to see your own pictures Mark, the camo effect is very clever I like the design and would agree it look's like the effect was painted awhile ago, and not recently as I suspected. Is there a date in the shell I assume it's 50's.

?

Sorry Gary I could not find a stamp any were on the shell very probably covered by the textured paint.

Regards Mark

gosh mark the lid arrived in good time ,your close up pictures really do justice to the exterior paintwork , if we could pinpoint the exact camo pattern we might be able to roughly date the year applied ,i initially thought based on mtp going off the sellers pictures but have now changed my mind totally ,this camo is on the tip of my tongue so to speak but cant think where ive seen it before ,it will be a eureka moment in the middle of the night ,as to the lack of date stamp i do believe you ,as i notice you have removed the liner and most likely gone over the inner shell with a fine tooth comb ,its an interesting piece for sure and will look superb on the shelf
    Regards James

?

Thanks James it reminds me of an Indian Army fern marsh pattern very reminiscent of my Indian Army para smock and yes went through it with a fine tooth comb and a magnifing glass with no luck.

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-16-2014 at 03:06 PM.

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Sorry Gary I could not find a stamp any were on the shell very probably covered by the textured paint.

Regards Mark
    No worries Mark, I am not sure when production of these models were completed, but have seen pictures of them being worn in the 80's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3