Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

iraqi helmets

Article about: I found dozens of Iraqi Helmets along the Iraq Iran border but (All plastic if that makes sence) we wern't allowed to bring ANY souvenirs back. The only things I could wangle would have been

Default Re: iraqi helmets

Battle Gear, how did you get all them home??? I had trouble getting just one out (its Iranian from the crossed swords). Nice job, John

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Battle Gear, how did you get all them home??? I had trouble getting just one out (its Iranian from the crossed swords). Nice job, John
    Thanks

I got some from other veterans that brought them back

Lovely helmets.... I'm sure they'll be very desirable in years to come!

I've got a friend who's got a few Iraqi gas masks! His mate (British soldier) brought them back from Iraq after finding them in an Iraqi position that they'd obliterated!

I know its a bit off topic, but I couldnt resist posting a picture of my M85 Iraqi Gas Mask, it was found in an Iraqi bunker of some sort with a pile of helmets, sadly the filter wasnt allowed to be brought back into the UK

And if anyone is familiar with Barry Buddon Camp and Ranges in Scotland, how awesome is the "relic" at the main gate?

Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture iraqi helmets  

Iraqi Militaria
    ?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Not really steel helmets of the world but they are international lids heres a couple of my iraqi lids 1 has been shot clean thru the liner is a bit of a mess in that 1 i also have a fedayeen starwars helmet will post pics when i find them,, cheers dave
    Very Nice Diplay!!!

Lorenzo

Iraqi Militaria
    ?

WWII collector
    ?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    some more Iraqi helmets
    nice SKS!

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I know its a bit off topic, but I couldnt resist posting a picture of my M85 Iraqi Gas Mask, it was found in an Iraqi bunker of some sort with a pile of helmets, sadly the filter wasnt allowed to be brought back into the UK

And if anyone is familiar with Barry Buddon Camp and Ranges in Scotland, how awesome is the "relic" at the main gate?

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny.

Nice mask ,why wasn't the filter allowed back to the UK, ( showing my ignorance now !!!)

Cheers

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Hi Danny.

Nice mask ,why wasn't the filter allowed back to the UK, ( showing my ignorance now !!!)

Cheers
    The story went somewhere along the lines of the fact that the filters cant exactly be opened to be inspected. I think it was also because some of the land mines used by the Iraqis were very similar in appearance to M85 gas mask filters due to the casing being nearly identical. Hopefully this answers your question

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The story went somewhere along the lines of the fact that the filters cant exactly be opened to be inspected. I think it was also because some of the land mines used by the Iraqis were very similar in appearance to M85 gas mask filters due to the casing being nearly identical. Hopefully this answers your question

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny.

Nice one that answers my query, especially when a filter may be mistaken for a land mine ,O.M.G- I can imagine a lot of people ,being just a tad nervous about that, and backing away rather swiftly

Thanks again mate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast