Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90 rim.

Article about: Hello, I would like to share with you Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90 rim from my humble collection(1st Gulf War Battlefield Pick Up) Thank you Kind Regards Alex

Default Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90 rim.

Hello,

I would like to share with you Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90 rim from my humble collection(1st Gulf War Battlefield Pick Up) Thank you

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.   Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.  

Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.   Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.  

Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.   Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.  

Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.  

Hello alex and good to know you thanks for sharing your iraqi relic with us ,you have what seems to be an m80/90 hybrid with the latter rubber rim protector and what is also the m90 chinstrap too ,is this a common helmet to find well im not sure but its the first ive seen of this type ,perhaps this was a common upgrade to the older m80 but dont just go off what ive said ,ill wait to here from other members on there thoughts ,i would be interested to see more from your humble collection over time regards james

Hello James, good to know you too, Thank you for your comment. Highly appreciate it. We will see what other members say. Once again thank you! I will post more items.
    Kind Regards
    Alex

Hello,

As I promised, here is another one of my Iraqi M80.
    Arabic symbol or text on the front of the helmet and letters inside, Unfortunately, I don't know what's that mean. Thank you

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.   Iraqi M80 helmet with the latter M90  rim.  

another fine example alex and nice to see a complete liner with nape strap is the chinstrap a one piece item ,i have a one piece on one of my m80's but its a field modification all my others complete examples have the us style T1 catch ,i have a theory these tan helmets all went through the same paint process from what ive noticed there is always a green underpaint and the liner rivits are always painted black before the final tan coating ,if you have time check out my iraqi helmet collection cheers james

James, Thank you for your comment. Congratulations on a great collection!!
    I wish to obtain Fedayeen helmet, maybe someday.
    I would like to add one more Iraqi M80 from my collection. Helmet with interesting sign on the front, Iraqi Para? Arabic letters inside. All three helmets were brought back by the same regiment.

Kind Regards
    Alex

Last edited by AlexKG200; 07-14-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Thumbs up

thats a very interesting battlefield pick up, has lots character with the Iraq writing & para style symbol carved on the front.

Battle gear, thank you kindly for your comment!

Cheers
    Alex

thanks for the kind words alex if your after a fed helmet i can point you in the right direction mate