MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Iraqi M80 helmet - took a punt!

Article about: Hi all, Rigglet here, brand new to the world of M80 helmets and this forum so thought I'd pop a couple of photo's on for advice and comments on a helmet I took a complete gamble on at a loca

I must confess to being very envious of your nicely war weary desert tan helmets Col! I'm a sucker for the item which shows it's history proudly, knocks scrapes and all and for me that weathered tan finish is just so evocative. Thank you very much for sharing with me.

Default Re: Iraqi M80 helmet - took a punt!

your very welcome rigglet its nice to find somebody else who also appreciates them i think this genre of lid is highly addictive to collect and i dont think you can ever have enough ,each one tells a story, regards james

great helmets you two have i quiet like them ! almost looks like the US M1 which i mainly collect. Great piece my friend !

It's funny you mention how you can't have enough James, I find myself scouring the internet trying to snap up a nice Republican Guard example every night!
    Re: jumping janks point (thank you by the way!), to the uninitiated (me!) the M80 for all intents and purposes looks like a a post war M1 liner with some subtle and other not so subtle differences. When I saw mine at the auction I never questioned it being M1 liner until I picked it up..it weighs at least twice your M1 liner and is much much thicker than the post war liners. The addition of a swivel bale chin strap really threw me until these fine chaps presented the answers!
    I'm still chuffed to bits with mine..a modern throwaway to some, a highly relevant period piece to me and James. It takes all sorts as they say!

i think its confused with an m1 liner because of the riddel style liner and nape strap even the chin strap buckles are similar so to the untrained eye its easy to mistake plus i dont think people believe its ballistic qualities would class it as a combat helmet

Love it, I would like to have one too of these.

Quote by hellschickie View Post
    Love it, I would like to have one too of these.
    If I stumble across the one I saw in Malvern again then I'll know where to send it!

Quote by Rigglet View Post
    If I stumble across the one I saw in Malvern again then I'll know where to send it!
    Man that would be great if you could....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2