Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet

Article about: Here's my RG helmet. Just bought this one. Unfortunately the liner is gone. Its named, but very hard to make out, but when I have time, I will try and figure it out. I believe this one to be

Default Re: Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet

I think the Iraqi's manufactured their own from around 1990 onwards and these had a removable rubber ring around the lip due to splitting problems and were mainly painted in desert tan.The first lot were made in South Korea for Iraq during Iraq's war with Iran.

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    I think the Iraqi's manufactured their own from around 1990 onwards and these had a removable rubber ring around the lip due to splitting problems and were mainly painted in desert tan.The first lot were made in South Korea for Iraq during Iraq's war with Iran.
    Just like you said earlier, they are great collectible pieces, but unfortunately made like crap.

the faded green neck strap in the first RG helmet came out of the last Iraqi made helmet, it's a very crude cotton material, these helmets can be found with a mixture of parts from other helmets to replace worn parts

looks like someone also removed the chin straps, probably worn or damaged and never replaced, Ive seen some helmets with home made chin straps that look like the webbing from a old bandage or ammo pouch, they used just about any scraps they could find to do field repairs

?

What about the decal? I've owned 4 RG's in the 90's, but never had this particular decal. All were painted like the original one I posted. Have you owned an RG with this type of decal? If so, can u post some close-ups? Thanks in advance. By the way, for those who don't know the arabic writing in the camo helmet's decal it reads "God is great".

Samir

no, I have never seen a RG design like on the camo helmet, it's not very common

so far every RG helmet Ive seen is a little different than others, no two are alike

?

I need to do some research n look for period photos of the RG during combat, both first and second gulf war. I will try n keep u posted if I find anything.

Nice lid...

The Iraq M80 was imported from South Korea (M76) as their poor economic state was not such that they had the capacity to produce there own helmet. All the M76's are green and most were painted desert tan once in the hands of the Iraqies. The paint was applied poorly and most show considerable paint loss especially at the crown.

Later, with improved economic conditions, Irag produced their own fiber helmet, the M90, equally as flimsy as the M80.

Russ

Nice helmet Samir. I collect mostly WWI and WWII steel, but have a few from the 2 Gulf wars as well. I am still on the look out for a Darth Vader Iraqi helmet. Again, nice pick up. Cheers, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Nice helmet Samir. I collect mostly WWI and WWII steel, but have a few from the 2 Gulf wars as well. I am still on the look out for a Darth Vader Iraqi helmet. Again, nice pick up. Cheers, Jim G.
    Jim, I know of a "Darth" helmet that is for sale at a local shop, or at least it was the last time I stopped in, it's been there for some time. If intersted, I can check and see if still on the shelf and if so, put you in touch.

Russ

heres my pair of m80'sIraqi Republican Guard Helmet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast