Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IRAQI Republican Guard helmet recently sold on ebay for over $405

Article about: heres a few of mine

Default IRAQI Republican Guard helmet recently sold on ebay for over $405

Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet - eBay (item 170551486254 end time Oct-18-10 07:38:28 PDT)

here's a Republican Guard helmet that recently sold for US $405 on ebay,original markings , unit insignia

IRAQI Republican Guard  helmet recently sold on ebay for over 5IRAQI Republican Guard  helmet recently sold on ebay for over 5

100% Original Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet, from Tikrit. Tan helmet with Republican Guard Arabic number “2” in white circle under Republican Guard Red Triangle. Pictures show a lot of tan paint chips. The helmet webbing is in really good shape except there is a tear on the back half of the webbing. There is a bandage that was found under the webbing, webbing has some writing on it, maybe the owners name? The chinstrap is dingy looking as well as the original leather helmet liner. This helmet could have belonged to the Nebuchadnezzar Division or the 2nd Brigade (Combat) of the Special Republican Guard; both were found in Tikrit, Saddam Hussein’s hometown.
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-18-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: IRAQI Republican Guard helmet recently sold on ebay for over $405

Iraqi Helmet - eBay (item 170551488991 end time Oct-18-10 07:46:02 PDT)

here's another Iraqi camo helmet that sold for US $325.00

IRAQI Republican Guard  helmet recently sold on ebay for over 5IRAQI Republican Guard  helmet recently sold on ebay for over 5IRAQI Republican Guard  helmet recently sold on ebay for over 5

100% Original Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet, from Tikrit. Tan helmet with black and green camouflage paint scheme. Chinstrap and helmet liner is in excellent condition with some degree of aging. Helmet liner has someone’s name written in 2 places and has a manufacturer stamp which is hard to see in the picture. Helmet is thicker and heavier than another helmet I had. From Republican Guard base north of Tikrit, Saddam Hussein’s hometown.

WOW, that's some crazy stuff, I remember i could buy those from some Haji markets at Scania,and others throughout Iraq, and in Kuwait for really cheap, and they are selling for the much.

Thats really crazy..

I still have some buddies in Iraq right now, May be I'll email them and tell them to pick me 10 of them and mail them home to me.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    WOW, that's some crazy stuff, I remember i could buy those from some Haji markets at Scania,and others throughout Iraq, and in Kuwait for really cheap, and they are selling for the much.

Thats really crazy..

I still have some buddies in Iraq right now, May be I'll email them and tell them to pick me 10 of them and mail them home to me.

Brian
    I heard they dont allow people to bring helmets back so easily anymore and they are kind of hard to get now?

I'll find out when he returns my email, but when i was there on my last tour, we was still allowed to bring home bayonets, uniforms, and such, as long its not weapon related, and yes i know of several other's that did bring , and shipped home Iraqi helmets.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    WOW, that's some crazy stuff
    Thats exactly what some say about German helmets Maybe some people can see the future and the possibility that these might become highly collectable?

Thanks

Danny

danny i think they are really collectable just now, alot of collectors buy iraqi militaria, jock auld here has two cool fedayeen helmets he broght home when he was on tour i think he showed them here

I don't see the Iraqi gear becoming as collectible as WW2German items do, since the Iraqi gear is mostly 2nd hand surplus gear from other countries.

Plus the German uniforms, and gear was made with so much more quality, and attention to details, unlike the Iraqi gear.

Don't get me wrong, there will always be a market for Iraqi gear, but never like there is for WW2 German items, especially SS.

Brian

I wouldnt be surprized if some sellers tried faking Republican Guard markings to increase the value on helmets.

the camo is so crude, almost anybody could paint a few splotches on a IRAQI helmet and say they found it that way
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-18-2010 at 08:46 PM.

You would be surprised as that was what a lot of helmets i saw in Iraq, actually had that crude paint on them, and majority of them were just helmets shells, with no shrapnel protection at all.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast