Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Article about: Gentlemen, Here is one of our latest helmets although we’ve had for a couple months now, a “been there” Polish Wz50 that I am betting was used by an Iraqi soldier during the Iran/Iraq war pe

Default Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Gentlemen,

Here is one of our latest helmets although we’ve had for a couple months now, a “been there” Polish Wz50 that I am betting was used by an Iraqi soldier during the Iran/Iraq war period. Note the handy work of the chin strap no doubt a field repair custom fit to the wearer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as although I “think” this is an Iraqi worn helmet I could be wrong. I do know that the Wz50’s were heavily used by Iraq until the introduction of the fiber M80 helmet in the early 1980’s. The tan paint pretty much tells the story I think as well. Not real sure about the forest green under the desert tan, any ideas?

I hope you enjoy.

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

Russ & Son

Default Re: Iraqi Used Polish Wz50

these Iraqi soldiers appear to have the same color green paint used on your helmet
    Attached Images Attached Images Iraqi Used Polish Wz50  Iraqi Used Polish Wz50  Iraqi Used Polish Wz50 

Thanks BG, seems to confirm even more that this is most likely an Iraqi helmet!

Russ

the Iraqis must used lots of Polish Wz 50 helmets, out of all the steel helmets brought back from Iraq that Ive seen or handled I noticed many were of Polish manufacture
    Attached Images Attached Images Iraqi Used Polish Wz50 

Great salty looking Wz50 Russ ,it's definitely been there and a really great addition to your collection i bet the kid is over the moon with this one ,and battle gear your last photograph did make me wonder in the point of this soldier even bothering to wear this "helmet " i use the word helmet in the broadest possible terms ,regards James
    Last edited by James C; 08-05-2023 at 05:16 PM. Reason: corrected spelling mistake
    Regards James

A Nice helmet-almost certainly used by the Iraqi's. I Like it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the Iraqis must used lots of Polish Wz 50 helmets, out of all the steel helmets brought back from Iraq that Ive seen or handled I noticed many were of Polish manufacture
    Yes I agree BG, in my quest to figure out what the helmet was I cam across many (well a few anyway) examples of the Wz50 in desert tan all claiming to be Iraqi army used. i also found several sources which did idicate that the Wz50 was heavily used by the Iraqi's prior to the Gulf Wars.

Thanks for the great photos ....... and I second what James stated....seems all that M90 is doing as adding a pound and a half of weight to the soldiers load!

Regards,

Russ

Just to add my example to the thread ,this one has red camo tones within the tan over paint and one thing they share in common is the stitched into place chinstrap the marking shows the number "89" and i am yet to gain concrete closure on the other marking but have been told it could be translate to “replacement” or possibly “planting seeds " Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50Iraqi Used Polish Wz50
    Regards James

This helmet is equipped with a Bundeswehr camouflage net !
    Interesting ! ...

Yes Reibert you are correct sir
    Regards James