Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Israeli made Brodie Helmet

Article about: It's not strictly Israeli, a more correct title would be “Helmet manufactured in British Mandated Palestine by the Jewish community”. There is not a lot of information about these helmets bu

?

Default Israeli made Brodie Helmet

It's not strictly Israeli, a more correct title would be “Helmet manufactured in British Mandated Palestine by the Jewish community”.
    There is not a lot of information about these helmets but I’ve managed to piece a few pieces together.

Manufactured from 1940 through WWII, and obviously based on the MkI Brodie design.

The steel shell has no visible markings and the edge is unfinished, it looks to have all the ballistic properties of an Easter Egg, it is defintiley not a refitted British shell, the size is smaller and no stamps.
    The liner very similar in constriction to the MkI but made of cotton with a grey leather band. The strap has the manufacturer ‘Pleeze’ in English and in Hebrew, the factory was in Holon near Tel Aviv.

This one is in original condition

?

Default Re: Israeli made Brodie Helmet

This one, was the first one I came across and was repainted a dark green and originally had the letters for ה.ג.א ‘Hagana Ezrachit’ (Civil Defence) which was set up after the State of Israel was formed and the helmets were used up until the 1970s.
    When I found it I saw the Star of David through the paint and thought I had stumbled across a rare Jewish Brigade helmet and proceed to expose the badge. The reality is that it is a first aid or ambulance unit of the WWII Civil Guard.

The Israeli Civil Defence was neglected up until Saddam Hussein started throwing things in Israel's direction. Now they have been restructured under the Home Command and better equipped. They get to wear lovely yellow helmets, based on the M76/85 design.

Here are a couple of pictures of the rescue units that get sent to disaster zones in action.

?

Nice, I had one I posted a couple years ago here that was deemed early IDF. It was of the same Brodie style in desert tan and leather liner system . If you go through my old threads yo may find it. I am unable to provide a link due to me using a mobile device.

?

Hi Tinhat, very nice example of a helmet I was previously not aware of until today, just when I thought I was pretty much aware of every helmet, along comes another, great pictures showing off the details.

Very interesting helmets! A new one on me. Thanks for sharing

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Nice, I had one I posted a couple years ago here that was deemed early IDF. It was of the same Brodie style in desert tan and leather liner system . If you go through my old threads yo may find it. I am unable to provide a link due to me using a mobile device.
    Dean, I found the thread ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo? and I've not seen one like this before, it does look Israeli, the spring clips attached to the shell are really unusual. White would be for Police.
    Steve.

?

Historama is a really good site, and they also sell stuff at reasonable prices. They had a Palestine Police helmet which I would really like to find.
    Last edited by Tinhat; 05-10-2023 at 09:14 PM.

wow, what an interesting lid, from the pics I would have thought refitted British WWI helmet.

I am always glad to learn something new.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I notice the site linked to, the history shop has one of these for sale, somewhat pricey though for my budget..
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.