Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian?, British helmet?

Article about: Right I found this on Ebay and have been wondering is it post WW2? , Messed with? , or used in british SOE films. Thanks in advance. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Italian?, British helmet?

Right I found this on Ebay and have been wondering is it post WW2? , Messed with? , or used in british SOE films. Thanks in advance. (sellers photos not mine)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian?,  British helmet?   Italian?,  British helmet?  

Last edited by Steelhead10; 08-28-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Looks like an Italian M33 or maybe a Bulgarian M51, not got a clue on the liner though!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks like an Italian M33 or maybe a Bulgarian M51, not got a clue on the liner though!..
    Liner looks like the ones used in British helmets so that's what confused me.

Looks Italian to me and messed with, horrible paint and so odd liner, not worth wasting money.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

If italian, someone has drilled the top to take the liner screw ..... So it more or less looks like a mash up of an Italian helmet, with the remains of a "part" British liner shoehorned in.

?

That's an odd one and an unusual hybrid of various nations parts, not original but unique all the same.

this type of modification is commonly done in the middle east, Ive seen Israeli helmets with British style replacement liners crudely riveted to the shell of helmets shells like the Italian M33, the French M51, the British MKIII ,and the M1 type shell

it could also possibly be from Iran - Iraq War, they refurbished or recycled just about any type of helmet available

and cobbled them together with a mixture of parts like that

?

bulgarian shell .

?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Liner looks like the ones used in British helmets so that's what confused me.
    No matter how much it looks like a British liner it isn't.

Here is a British liner:
    Italian?,  British helmet?

It might not be very clear but thats a real liner stamped 1939

?

There is a very good chance Legowy that this is either a British and or other Commonwealth Mk II liner such as Canada IMO it is just missing the crucifix cross pad better images would be needed to be 100 % positive for a proper identification .

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast