Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Helmet

Article about: I am going to offer this helmet for sale, but before I do I wanted to make sure it is a WWII Italian combat helmet, in semi-relic condition, of course. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Default Italian Helmet

I am going to offer this helmet for sale, but before I do I wanted to make sure it is a WWII Italian combat helmet, in semi-relic condition, of course. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Helmet   Italian Helmet  

Italian Helmet   Italian Helmet  

Italian Helmet  

Default Re: Italian Helmet

Hello,

It looks like an Italian WWII helmet to me. Vents look to be proper size (Post WWII M.33 helmets have vents that protrude more, and the holes are larger). It appears to have the proper WWII leather chin strap, too (Post WWII M.33 helmets have a canvas one piece chinstrap w/ buckle).

Can you ask for a better picture of the chinstrap bales? (WWII vintage has rectangular bales, Post WWII has trapezoidal shaped bales)

The circle on the front of the helmet may be what's left of a flaming bomb emblem... I forget exactly what the represents in the Italian military... engineers, perhaps? I've only seen emblems painted on helmets... while yours looks scratched in?

Also, be conscious of price. Italian WWII helmets in much better condition are very affordable!

Thanks for the info, Giz. Here are some better pics. I own this one, and two others, similar condition. Not looking to make a ton on them, just maybe enough to buy a period M31 chinstrap or two.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Helmet   Italian Helmet  

Italian Helmet   Italian Helmet  

OOPS! My bad, I misread what you posted and I thought you were buying the helmet!

In my honest opinion, it is a WWII helmet. Semi relic like you said. Bonus that the liner is all present and that there may be an emblem on the front.

No problem, Giz, I misread threads all the time. I think the flaming bomb emblem was attached and has since fallen off, or the outline was painted on, it's hard to tell, even in hand. Doesn't appear to have been scratched into the steel. I was shocked that the liner was still in it when I got it. I thought for sure it wouldn't be with the condition of the lid. Maybe someone will be looking for one in semi-relic condition with most of the insides still intact, with the exception of the strap buckle missing. I have no desire to keep this helmet, or its siblings.