Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Italian M33 Stencil HELP PLEASE!

Article about: A close friend of ours gifted my son a box of STUFF whick included was this old beat up M33 shell. Must have been an Africa issue as it still has signs of the tan paint. But under the tan pa

Default Italian M33 Stencil HELP PLEASE!

A close friend of ours gifted my son a box of "STUFF" whick included was this old beat up M33 shell. Must have been an Africa issue as it still has signs of the tan paint. But under the tan paint sill shows the original paint and what appears to be a stecil on the front. I don't have any knowlage of the different identification stencils that were put on these helmets and did't come across anything, sufing the net, that looked close. Was hoping one of the sharp eyed experts on here might recognize what is left of this stencil and provide a little insight!

There was a bunch of other great military collectables in the box as well, including WWI Soviet Russian medals, a few service caps and some other cool odds and ends. I will photo them all later and post.

Thanks in advance,

Russ

Default Re: Italian M33 Stencil HELP PLEASE!

Look at nrs 22 or 23 on Joseba''s indispensable site! Engineers probably.

ITALIANO 33 COM

Cheers,
    Emile

Default Re: Italian M33 Stencil HELP PLEASE!

Thanks Emile, as usual, spot on. I need to find a way to enhance the image so as to best determine exactly which one of the stenciles it is but it's no doubt one of the two you have pointed out or one that has a very similar top (flame?). I actually have that web site bookmark, but forgot about it...have to go through google translation so I can make heads or tails of the darn thing.

Again, much thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Russ