Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian / Serbian Helmet

Article about: Hey Guys, Any thoughts on this or can confirm this? According to seller, an original pre 1940, M33 Italian shell - which were refurbished in the 1980s and sold to Serbia... Markings: BUSSO A

?

Default Italian / Serbian Helmet

Hey Guys,

Any thoughts on this or can confirm this?

According to seller, an original pre 1940, M33 Italian shell - which were refurbished in the 1980s and sold to Serbia...

Markings:
    BUSSO ARSIZIO 21052 (ITALIA) SUGHERIFICIO GIA CASSONI
    and on the shell:
    M 108

Asking price is 26 EU...

THX,
    Fabe

Italian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian Helmet

That's an interesting thing. Cassoni is certainly an Italian company, that was at one time making Composite helmets for the Italian forces. I've never seen this thing before, but my initial thought - based on the form of the chinstrap is that it might have been intended for police/militia rather than the armed forces. A bit of research brought me to this page, .: World War Helmets - Yougoslavie :. which shows only the link to an entry on the UBOTT helmet . I have heard of the UBOTT before, and the name is attached (in my mind at least) to helmets issued to milita/police/motorcyclists etc. If you search for UBOTT CASCO on Google images you will see several, some of them familiar!

NB Serbia did not exist in the 1980s - the breakup of Yugoslavia began only in 1991; that may or may not be relevant to identifying this!

?

Thanks, you're right of course, no "Serbia" in the 80s...

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    That's an interesting thing. Cassoni is certainly an Italian company, that was at one time making Composite helmets for the Italian forces. I've never seen this thing before, but my initial thought - based on the form of the chinstrap is that it might have been intended for police/militia rather than the armed forces. A bit of research brought me to this page, .: World War Helmets - Yougoslavie :. which shows only the link to an entry on the UBOTT helmet . I have heard of the UBOTT before, and the name is attached (in my mind at least) to helmets issued to milita/police/motorcyclists etc. If you search for UBOTT CASCO on Google images you will see several, some of them familiar!

NB Serbia did not exist in the 1980s - the breakup of Yugoslavia began only in 1991; that may or may not be relevant to identifying this!

?

Casco ubott Brevetto - Delcampe.net
    Elmo casco Ubott Carabinieri anni '60 da O.P. tutto originale - Delcampe.net

- here is the same helmet. So this one above is def. not a "Yugo" helmet (no decal), but an Italian police or special forces, etc. helmet...Interesting.

Yes, Fabe, I think you have it. I was remembering that all the Yugo/Serbian police/militia helmets I have seen are dark blue rather than grey, and did suspect it may have been Italian issue instead, but had no time to research earlier. A solution - Well done!

?

Very interesting helmet , I would be very proud to own an example like this one, the chinstrap arrangement is interesting , there vague French F1 and West German Para helmet influences there , very nice piece to own!

Hello Fabe!

It is nice to see that you have Yugoslavian/Serbian helmets!
    I am from Ex Yugoslavia, now Serbia and I have plenty of helmets (non used, and used in Balkan wars in the 90s). In Serbia, it is really easy to buy a helmet. We have military surplus stores where you can find anything from ex JNA (Jugoslovenska Narodna Armija), but after 2010, Serbian army sold all of his reserves from the 80s 90s, so now, the situation for the collectionists are not good... But I bought so many things after 2000.

Here are my Italian/Serbian police helmets.

1. It is a modified Italian (with Serbian flag) and used.

Italian / Serbian Helmet

2. Here are my orginal (non used Italian UBOTT) and my Serbian modified UBOTT.

Italian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian Helmet

With the original ubott I have the nylon bag!

I have a Serbian police kevlar helmet from the demonstrations in 1997 or 2000 with visor (the statue is Josip Broz Tito, our big Yugoslavian president (SFRJ).

Italian / Serbian HelmetItalian / Serbian Helmet

Have a nice day, and greetings from Serbia!

I have never seen this helmet before. The helmet is an usual Italian model 33 but the chinstrap seems to me very strange. Cassoni has made supplies for the Italian Army, I remember the first model of kevlar helmet adopted from Italian Army, but the label of the helmet you show has something strange. If the country written is "Busso Arsizio", and not BUSTO Arsizio, there is something wrong. The town is Busto Arsizio, near Milan. Busso doesn't exist...

Maybe Fabe not spelled correctly the name of the town. Inside all of my helmets I can read: BUSTO ARSIZIO 21052 (ITALIA). Greetings from Serbia.

Ok, it's right. This helmet is one new and interesting thing for me, I have to search some information about it....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast