Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just a photo from Libyia

Article about: by battle gear the first Libiyan soldier's helmet looks like a shiny plastic euro helmet liner with camouflage the others look like some form of M1 with desert tan paint, could be from any c

Default Just a photo from Libyia

Rebels had made the owner of this helmet run for his life (if he still had a life at the moment when they were bombed) somewhere in Libia

(don't know where the photo came from which source)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just a photo from Libyia  

?

Default re: Just a photo from Libyia

There must be a pile of crap somewhere close.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    There must be a pile of crap somewhere close.
    I am sure of that, poor cameraman but still good photo he could capture...
    Any idea what kind of M1 helmet this is, I'm curious.

looks like it's a 1970's - 1980's european copy of the M1 judging by the smooth paint finish

european export possibly Austria M58 / M75, Belgium M51, Denmark M48 , Norway M58

cool photo

I to like this photo
    The detrimus of warfare.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote by battle gear View Post
    looks like it's a 1970's - 1980's european copy of the M1 judging by the smooth paint finish

european export possibly Austria M58 / M75, Belgium M51, Denmark M48 , Norway M58

cool photo
    Yes I think your right Battlegear still hard to tell though, I notice that a lot of different helmets they wear in Libia (no wait its Libya) Especially the rebels, maybe also interesting to take a close look at it, here is some more photo's I found on the interweb and like to share with you all guys..

If anyone recognize the type of helmet models, don't keep it for yourself

Cheerzzz

Just a photo from LibyiaJust a photo from LibyiaJust a photo from LibyiaJust a photo from LibyiaJust a photo from LibyiaJust a photo from Libyia

Looks like a mixture of Warsaw pact Ssh clones, M1 Euroclones, British Mk4/5(?) and maybe a K-pot fritz for the guy firing the dushka on the technical. The first guy in close up seems to be wearing a fibreglass M1 liner. The ballistic protection qualities of a cabbage.

I think the guy on the other technical has some masculinity issues. Compensating methinks.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    I to like this photo
    The detrimus of warfare.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Thats what I thought too, so I can't keep it for myself or let it go by unnoticed. I have to share it also with my other war helmet enthusiasts

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Looks like a mixture of Warsaw pact Ssh clones, M1 Euroclones, British Mk4/5(?) and maybe a K-pot fritz for the guy firing the dushka on the technical. The first guy in close up seems to be wearing a fibreglass M1 liner. The ballistic protection qualities of a cabbage.

I think the guy on the other technical has some masculinity issues. Compensating methinks.
    I must agree still interesting the different helmets they all wear the rebels....

Cheerszzz

the first Libiyan soldier's helmet looks like a shiny plastic euro helmet liner with camouflage

the others look like some form of M1 with desert tan paint, could be from any country that produced the M1

the last two are the Russian Ssh68 steel helmet and British MKIII - MKIV?

here is one of my British MKIII helmets used in the middle east and painted desert tan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just a photo from Libyia  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast