Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?

Article about: Another forgotten helmet from my basement. I am curious about what appears to be black and green cammo painted on the outside of the pot.the wearers name dixon is neatly stencilled on the ou

Default M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?

Another forgotten helmet from my basement.
    I am curious about what appears to be black and green cammo painted on the outside of the pot.the wearers name dixon is neatly stencilled on the outside. The liner has what is a faded white circle with the initials r.p on the front and back.why not use an issued net.
    Could this have seen usage in a movie or whatever. It seem to me to be cheaper to overlay with an issued cammo cover,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?   M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?  

M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?   M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?  

M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?  

?

Default Re: M-1with cammo and name plus r.p. On the liner comments please?

Definitly not U.S. Don't know where it is from.
    SteveR

This is a South African helmet. A copy of the French M51. The straps are different, but otherwise close copy of French original. The camo is new to me, but might be period applied duriong the border war in South West Africa (Namibia) in the eighties. Also known as the "staal dakkie" (steel roof).
    Cheers,
    Emile

Emile is correct. Remember when I used to wear this till they got the newer kevlar helmets. The Camo is not anything that would generally have been used in the SADF.
    A lot of these helmets are used in the airsoft skirmish arena, maybe that's where the camo comes from.
    Tom

Thank you both for your info.