Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M 51 otan

Article about: Hi all just received my newest Helmet... its my first French M51 OTAN.... bought off the dreaded Flea bay!!! now from the pics in the listing... it looked.. well ...just. ok .. (not the best

Thanks guys!! OPEX yes the jacket the hood came off was in a ridiculously small size!! my 13 yr old niece tried it on... and it was even too small for her!!!

looks superb mate so its true the helmet collecting world never sleepsmine too has a 54 dated shell and liner ,can i ask if yours has a funky smell from the resin liner ,maybe its just mine or maybe even me looks cool with the lizzard cover ,nice one james M 51 otanM 51 otan

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Thanks BG great photo!!! I hope the grenade launcher mounted on his AK isn't loaded!!! as the way his finger is at the ready... if he gets an itch.... he is likely to loose a limb or two!!!!!
    well spotted paul ,yes he will be the first african soldier in space

I used a piece of material from a surplus Portuguese lizard camo shirt to make this helmet cover based on a French soldier or former African colonial troops in Africa in the 1970's - 80's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 51 otan   M 51 otan  

M 51 otan   M 51 otan  

M 51 otan  

battlegear your example as well as pauls looks fantastic the tubing really does suit these casque's a treat ,great pictures as always ,please dont stop sharing them ,cheers james

Quote by James C View Post
    battlegear your example as well as pauls looks fantastic the tubing really does suit these casque's a treat ,great pictures as always ,please dont stop sharing them ,cheers james
    Thanks James, I prefer to use a wide piece of tubing, it helps mould the cover to the shell so it fits like a glove, I might soak it with some water so it really gets that form fitted look , like it's been on there for a long time.

I also cut two holes for the chin straps to pass through, so the cover can be pulled down for a snug fit.

?

Great looking examples James and BG, I never tire at looking at these models

thanks gary you might recognise the net on mine as im sure you sent it my way along with a shrimp net a while back now and as it showed just the right amount of wear and tear i thought it best suited my example

Hello,

Here is a 51 family photo:

TTA 51 in the center
    TAP 51 on the right
    and TAP 56 on the left

M 51 otan

I remember of a previous tread we had French M-51.

All the best

Bruno

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks gary you might recognise the net on mine as im sure you sent it my way along with a shrimp net a while back now and as it showed just the right amount of wear and tear i thought it best suited my example
    No worries James, I forgot I sent you that one,look's great

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast