Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M1 clone helmet, possibly belgium? but what year?

Article about: hello, (sorry for my bad english, i will try ) last week i bought a steel helmet because it looked different then i normally come accross. i dont have much knowledge about helmets but i real

KopfJager
    ?

Default M1 clone helmet, possibly belgium? but what year?

hello,
    (sorry for my bad english, i will try )
    last week i bought a steel helmet because it looked different then i normally come accross. i dont have much knowledge about helmets but i really am interested in them.
    the helmet i found has no inner helmet. it has a rough sandy paint, it has the coding dVn 69 1 inside. it had some kind of flag on the side, but its scracted away. can someone maybe help me find out were its from and what year or era ?

in advance thanks for your help

Are you sure it isn't VDN this would be a German shell manufacturer (Vereingte Deutsche Nickel ) and a 1969 vintage ,Looks judging by the remnants of the national flag to be a Belgian copy of the US M1 Clone ( mle 51) I am only famiiar with examples showing the T1 style chinstrap catch but yours seems to be a copy of the pre 1944 Us Catch assembly
    Hope this helps
    Regards James

KopfJager
    ?

so you think its a belgium helmet after 1969 but they changed the chainstrips ? thanks for the help anyway
    best regards Timo