Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

Article about: my latest buy and an example ive been waiting for for a wee while especially with the correct hessian colouration it has the standard break away chin strap but alas no liner so it now has a

Thank you Gary for your thoughts on this liner's suitability to the shell ,do you have an example you could add to my thread ?,I'd like to see it if so,i have tried to find the webbing style chinstrap myself but to no avail so i'm most gratefull to Emile
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:41 PM.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you gary for your thoughts on this liner's suitability to the shell do you have an example you could add to my thread ?,id like to see it if so,i have tryed to find the webbing style chinstrap myself but to no avail so im most gratefull to emile
    You are welcome James, I will have to dig mine out and check out the liners/shell manafacturers and post them here!

And yes Emile came up trump's here, good man.

The only other way around this would to have used a Norwegian/ Danish example which are the same as the Dutch liner chinstraps.

I prefer the look of the hessian/ netting over the Dutch DPM covers too, even though I have both examples

Cool stuff Gary ,please show both your examples
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:41 PM.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    cool stuff gary ,please show both your examples
    Hi James here's a link showing mine and others M-53's.

Dutch M.1 clones (Model 53) Post them here

Hi all
    Here's a pic of my pair of M53's one with the DPM cover... thanks again James!!
    and one with a hessian/burlap helmet cover I picked up today at my local militaria fair and fitted it with a Dutch issue net and a piece of inner tube!! more thanks James !! now I think the seller told me it was a British one!!??? i dunno!!??? both liners are Dutch SW 85 and Us 91 with the clip in sweatbands and canvas liner chinstraps, one shell is Dutch marked LS but the other is probably a Belgian one with no markings and terrible quality badly fitting replacement T1 chinstraps!!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)   m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)  

m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)   m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)  

m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)  

Thanks for the thread link Gary and a nice days hunting too Paul i forget what i send out sometimes so thanks for the reminder ,they both look great ,the hessian has real nice colouration too
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Well i have to give many thanks to Emile ,the chinstrap arrived from the Netherlands very quickly and its great to bring closure to this example ,I'ts taken close to two and a half years to completem1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:43 PM.

?

Look's great James, and after two and half years to complete that is a real labour of love!

Well done Emile for assisting James to complete this example

The Netherlands were also involved in the Korean War and were probably in the theater of operations until 1955.
    Has this Dutch M1953 "M1 clone" already been used by Dutch soldiers in this conflict?

WHKMLA : History of the Netherlands - The NDVN (in the Korean War, 1950-1953)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4