Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M15 French Adrian help needed

Article about: I prefere the first models! They look smarter. |

Default Re: M15 French Adrian help needed

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Two lives for one price lol, its really hard to judge the color in hand because in some light it could just be oxidization and age making it look greenish blue, and in other light it tends to look lighty painted green and fading, either way its one of my favorites now, these thin lighter 3 piece ones were made to prevent head injuries from shrapnel while in the trenches and not meant to stop a bullet, the later M26 model was a heavier one piece construction more worthy of combat, I love getting a piece and then researching and learning more about it, helps bring it to life and makes me feel smart lol
    The text I highlighted red, about sums up the colour on my M/26. It too has turned into a more "greenish blue".

There is just so much more to a helmet that has been reissued, repainted, has dings and general wear and tear.
    You know it has been used, and what tales it might tell you if it could.

Very true 37, I tend to become overly passionate about all my purchases whether or not its a 100 dollar helmet or a 1000 dollar helmet, they are all special to me:-)

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Very true 37, I tend to become overly passionate about all my purchases whether or not its a 100 dollar helmet or a 1000 dollar helmet, they are all special to me:-)
    Ha! I know the feeling

My m15 has green paint over the Blue and I like this helmet a lot. To me it shows the various colors that these helmets were painted for there users.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3