Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1916 helmet questions

Article about: Picked this helmet up a few days ago in Ligny-Thilloy, France (The Somme). First time on the forum, originally had posted to another thread but it was recommended that I post a new thread. P

?

Default M1916 helmet questions

Picked this helmet up a few days ago in Ligny-Thilloy, France (The Somme). First time on the forum, originally had posted to another thread but it was recommended that I post a new thread.
    Paint looks a little dark (although there is nowhere visible on the helmet I can see any other color underneath...doesn't mean it wasn't there for sure but it looks very uniform, and the chips reveal only steel with a petina)
    There is some pitting on the helmet..the liner is a light color but is extremely stiff and hard to the touch, not supple at all. No markings visible on the band or under the pads.
    yea? nay? thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1916 helmet questions   M1916 helmet questions  

M1916 helmet questions   M1916 helmet questions  

M1916 helmet questions   M1916 helmet questions  

?

Your helmet is a repainted shell with a replica liner Sir.

Inside is heavily pitted and re-painted. Rivets look as though they are probably replacements. Outside is also repainted. Providing you didn't pay a lot, it is still a nice item for display - providing you accept it for what it is.

?

^thanks chaps