Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks

Article about: i picked this shell up for 10 bucks i saw it in a box of junk. but what cought my eye was that is was one piece so i thought italian m16. i know this is not much of a helmet and has a bad gr

Default m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks

i picked this shell up for 10 bucks i saw it in a box of junk.
    but what cought my eye was that is was one piece so i thought italian m16.
    i know this is not much of a helmet and has a bad green paint done on it. but thought this is a item that i might learn somthing from.
    so whats got me on this helmet is that it has 3 rivets on the comb one at the front and two at the back.
    the italian m16 comb was spot weilded. but i did read the in the 20s some of m16 had rivets put on them becouse the comb would come apart. and they were used in the spainish civil war. the french m23 adrian was also i piece made, but the rivets on the ones i have seen are in a different spots, then this one i have.
    i would just like to ask if any one has any examples of these helmet or might know somthing more on this thanks. but it may be a helmet of somthing different.
    as to the paint what can i use to see whats under the green. thank you for looking mark. sorry for the dark photos it raining now out side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks   m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks  

m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks   m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks  

m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks  

JBR
    ?

Default Re: m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks

It does look Italian. Take a look at this excellent website entry: .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 16 :.

Best Regards,

Good question. Given the fact that there's no slots in the front for a badge my initial thought is Italian. But then I know little about anything pre-1945, so I went to .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 16 :. for help, which certainly leads me to believe it really is an Italian M16 from a few points of similarity, both with the comb and the internal view. The impression I get is that early models had the comb spot-welded as you say, later had it rivetted. I am reluctant to say anything further - what do you think?

thanks JBR and GREG. this lid looks very much the same as the italian m16.
    but what the site says. that you guys helped to show me the link to,
    the later verstion of the m16 had the studs on the comb, and it said rounded or flater rivets. so im thinking this helmet may be a refit or made 1920s or later. and thanks a lot for the help. just still not shore why this one only has 3 rivets not 4 but there could be a lot of variation in the refit of these helmets. cheers mark

Like you said;
    During the twenties a model M.16 was produced where the comb was not attached with an electric weld but with rivets. The comb was either the model 15 or 16. The nails used are bigger and flatter then the ones produced during ww1.

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Like you said;
    During the twenties a model M.16 was produced where the comb was not attached with an electric weld but with rivets. The comb was either the model 15 or 16. The nails used are bigger and flatter then the ones produced during ww1.
    thanks magicdutchman I was80% on this helmet being a m16 it just was the size of the rivets on the comb and the placement of the rivets that was throwing me off a bit

i found this helmet on a older post it has the same green paint and its a m16 now im woundering if this green paint was put on for a reason. but this helmet is not painted on the inside.?????? thread 2010, my adrian helmet. done by flash developer
    Attached Images Attached Images m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks  m23 adrian or m16 italian help thanks 

WWH
    ?

Hi,

The crest is typically italian, french crest are not so high. Moreover, parallels rivetsis italian also.