MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M24? Spanish Helmet - With Stencil

Article about: Trying to ID this stencil for my friend. These are not my area. Appears to be an M24. Does anyone know the stencil? Is it even a Spanish helmet? Thanks! Michael

MAP
    ?

Default M24? Spanish Helmet - With Stencil

Trying to ID this stencil for my friend. These are not my area.

Appears to be an M24.

Does anyone know the stencil?

Is it even a Spanish helmet?

Thanks!

Michael

M24? Spanish Helmet - With StencilM24? Spanish Helmet - With Stencil
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Spanish Francoist stencil and period helmet. Can't comment on originality of stencil.

MAP
    ?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Spanish Francoist stencil and period helmet. Can't comment on originality of stencil.
    Thanks!

Is it civil war period or post civil war? (obviously I'm not up to speed on the Spanish Civil war). Or to put it another way, when we refer to the "Francoist" period, I assume that means post civil war.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Francoist Spain is anywhere between 1936 and 1975.

please post photos of the liner - as it could help date it

also have a look at Spanish helmet m24

you get all the info you need

MAP
    ?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    please post photos of the liner - as it could help date it

also have a look at Spanish helmet m24

you get all the info you need
    Thanks! I saw the first page of the post but didn't go to the second. My friend noted that the grey was "early".

Also already asked him for pictures of the liner. Hopefully will get it tomorrow.

Thanks for searching for me and trying to help.

Michael

To my mind this is a Spanish M26 "con ala" that was refitted post SCW for use by the Policia Armada (los grises). A kind of riot control unit. The eagle and the grey color point to this.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 03-08-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling

This one looks like the "republican army" from spanish civil war, not Franco's troops, (the opposite), but could be used postwar in Spanish Francoist stencil and period by the police (los grises).

?

It's a Spanish Modello 26 con ala (with wings). Grey paint often indicates that it was not refurbished after te Civil War, and the eagle emblem was one used by the Nationalists rather than the Communists.

See here for the proper terminology used for Spanish helmets, unfortunately it's in Spanish but google translate gives a reasonable idea.
    ESPAÑA
    Roger

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone. Big help on the stencil.

Also, I thought it was an M24 but looks like I was wrong.

Michael