Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m27 dutch

Article about: new helmet for me an m27 dutch helmet with german stile liner . interior side stamp KE32 .

?

Default m27 dutch

new helmet for me an m27 dutch helmet with german stile liner . interior side stamp KE32 .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m27 dutch   m27 dutch  

Romanian contract?

?

yes romanian .

Hello Zero,

Not Romanian contract. This helmet was provided to the Romanians by the Germans after may 1940. It was war booty.

These M27's and M34's were sometimes relined, using a german liner.

The pre war contract provided only M34's with the Romanian King Carol emblem on the front. Not M27's.

War time delivery of war booty meant ex-Dutch helmets with it's emblem removed.

Nice helmet!

Cheers,
    Emile

?

I like this reissuing of capturing enemy equipment. I happen to have one of these m27 aswell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m27 dutch  

This a very nice Schuma helmet! Not Romanian. The liner is an original German M31. The liners were mostly put in backwards (because of the placement of the rivet holes). Not in this case apparently. You don't see many of these around!

Cheers,
    Emile

?

understand Emile , thx for info .

Very nice!

?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    This a very nice Schuma helmet! Not Romanian. The liner is an original German M31. The liners were mostly put in backwards (because of the placement of the rivet holes). Not in this case apparently. You don't see many of these around!

Cheers,
    Emile
    Yes Emile as you mention, Schuma also used these. My helmet sadly only has a little bit left of the schuma decal.
    But some photos do exist of them in wear by these police/anti partisan troops.

A collector named "Saulius" owns one of the schuma photos i am including here. Collector "Otofoto" owns the other.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m27 dutch   m27 dutch  

m27 dutch  

Even with a partial decal, this is a very desirable helmet!

Congrats,
    Emile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast