Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Article about: Hi Guys . Here is a M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet, from my collection, feel free to comment. Opex.

JBR
    ?

Default Re: M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

JBR
    ?

Also here:

http://msgrenot.free.fr/

The difference between silver and gold badges seems to be that the former is the departmental gendarmerie and the latter the mobile. Best Regards,

Superb link JBR ,thank you very much
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2024 at 01:45 PM.
    Regards James

?

Thanks for looking James, I am glad you like this particular model

- - Updated - -

Great links JBR, I use these sites for my own research regarding French helmets

?

Hi James, I cannot send you a picture of the Gold RF badge I am sending you through your PM, so here it is

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Well Gary the antigas /dust goggles arrived and although not dated i can presume pre 1969M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2024 at 01:45 PM.
    Regards James

?

Hi James, excellent display those goggles really look the part and from what I recall they look period , as a huge Francophile I am impressed with your latest addition and it is also reassuring that the seller shipped them out in a timely fashion.

Look forward to seeing more Franco inspired displays my friend

Thanks Gary ,shipment was super fast ,perhaps my Spanish surname helped ,i can confirm the gold RF badge arrived and has now been affixed to the lid ,this upgrade has really made the difference to the overall look so a huge thanks with your help on this little gem matethe net is perfect too always a pleasure to trade with you ,cheers james M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2024 at 01:46 PM.
    Regards James

Cool M51 Gendarmerie Nationale

nice Gendarmerie helmets guys, I really like the cool dust goggles, they go well with the helmets, as seen in photos from the 1968 riots, here's my French Gendarmerie Mle51 with a silver badge , the shell is a Carpentier Cusset 1964 and the liner is made by S.N.P.E. PB 1973

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.
    Last edited by battle gear; 09-17-2014 at 02:25 AM.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks gary ,shipment was super fast ,perhaps my spanish surname helped ,i can confirm the gold RF badge arrived and has now been affixed to the lid ,this upgrade has really made the differance to the overall look so a huge thanks with your help on this little gem matethe net is perfect too always a pleasure to trade with you ,cheers james M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Hi James, you are more than welcome my friend and I am glad the items turned up promptly. The RF badge look's very nice and appears to have always been mated with the shell, so that is good. Hopefully it was easy to fit as they are very fragile and made of such thin materials. The silver RF badge that was originally on the shell look's smaller ( or it the perspective) which opens up another intriguing aspect in that I wonder if they badges are of different dimensions, I might check my examples??

I also did not realise your surname was Spanish in origin, I believe mine is Franco/German , just goes to show us "Brit's " are truly European

As ever great to trade with you buddy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast