Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MK IV turtle riot helmet

Article about: Just to share another helmet that has been on my Radar for a long while ,this example appears to be an earlier type looking at the two point elasticated chinstrap and lift the dot liner ,i b

Found this quite interesting website, all copyrighted pics, so I'll just put the link here:

Northern Ireland - rorymerry

Good photos of the turtle in action, and para helmets with a riot visors as well I think?
    "Per Ardua"

Cheer's Paul ,Great link

That lot brings back a few memories, although we had it rough in Andersonstown...

Just a few updated pictures to add to the thread of the display which i recently set up MK IV turtle riot helmetMK IV turtle riot helmetMK IV turtle riot helmetMK IV turtle riot helmet

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    I never remember a 3 point chinstrap tbh
    Me neither. As Steve Steve said; MkV wobbly sponge liner with scary even more wobbly elastic chin strap.

I never saw a three point strap in service but that may have been after my time. However, I think it might be one of those things that if it got as far as unit level issue it stayed in the Mob' stores most likely because it was too much of a faff to mod up the lids!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I don't think I've come across anyone who served who saw / wore the 3-pointer.......indeed, for a while I assumed they were a film prop or similar......

MK IV turtle riot helmet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2