Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Bulgarian M36 :D

Article about: This is my Bulgarian M36 helmet...post war repaint? still has liner and a part of the decal...i only got it for 10 euros so condition isnt a big problem

Default Re: My Bulgarian M36 :D

bigger than mine xD

Although quite common, these are one of my favorite helmets. We have an example of all three types, keeping our eyes open for a short visor C type still, they roll around every now and again. There are so many variatons to these helmets, pre, wartime and post war, you could fill a room with them.

C & B types are German made, A type is Czech made, If I remember correctly and painted decals are post war, and the A type is the only model with a Bulgarian made liner--- and again if I remember correctly! here's some shots of mine

very nice collection René ,i would like to find out clarification on there ever been examples made in germany ,i have been led to believe its just a myth ,ive heard so many different theories like made with german machinery on bulgarian soil and then made with german steel ,all so confusing
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice collection René ,i would like to find out clarification on there ever been examples made in germany ,i have been led to believe its just a myth ,ive heard so many different theories like made with german machinery on bulgarian soil and then made with german steel ,all so confusing
    I don't know how accurate this site is but here is some info
    Untitled Document

JBR
    ?

World War Helmets also has useful info. .: World War Helmets - Bulgarie :.

I think it's important to get away from the idea that these helmets are German made (or even designed). They look vaguely German but, (in my opinion) if they belong to a 'design family' at all, it's the Art Deco one that includes the Spanish Con Ala type, Dutch types etc. The M36 was a Bulgarian project. Manufacture was contracted out to a Czech, a German and a Bulgarian factory. It's difficult to assess the accuracy of books and websites - none are infallible - but, without visiting the primary sources personally, you just have to make a judgment on their integrity. I believe both the sites mentioned are well respected. Best Regards,

?

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    M36 type C. There was type A and B.I have the type A made at 1936 with a post war paint,liner and chinstrap
    and type B are 2 models ,,,,,,

Forgot a shot of the B type liner & my lot together
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Réne, I really dont know were you find the space for all that, mate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast