Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

my euro m1 clone collection

Article about: hi guys and gals here's a couple of pics of my m1 european clones thus far mainly west german and belgium lids enjoy james

?

Default Re: my euro m1 clone collection

Hi James, sorry to jump in as I'm a new guy here, but you have a great collection of Euro M1 clones, I especially like the Belgium one, very hard to get hold of I have found.

I look forward to seeing what else you show here.

many thanks opex im glad you like and welcome in ,thanks james

Quote by col james View Post
    i guess i should be removing all the coverings ( camo and netting ) but i do love all the different design patterns thanks for your input i always enjoy a good banter cheers james
    One of the major benefits of trying to collect all the different variations of a particular helmet model is that you know have a platform to display the vast array of covers that were utilized during the life of the helmet! Your displays are a true inspiration my friend.

Do not be discouraged! We all have to start somewhere, and a good representative collection on the Bundeswehr helmets is an excellent place to be. And you have to be pretty alert to get a one-of-each of them, too.

Most of the Euroclones are fairly easy to get if you're persistent and keep your eyes open; on Ebay and in militaria fairs they are very rarely labelled as what they actually are, so preparation is essential, and bargains can be had. There are some genuinely rare things though - the Danish-made M48, for example, and the earliest Austrian M58 with the T1 chinstrap fastener, and if we're counting in the French Mle 51 there are a number of hard-to-get variants there, even before you get to the Portuguese M964 or the South African 'Staaldak' which are both derived form it.

But that being said, putting together a six-foot shelf with straightforward examples of the more easily available Austrians, Belgian, Danish, Norwegian and Dutch should be easy and not expensive. Its the Spanish, Portuguese, SA, and German M56 that are the real hard ones. As you can tell this is one of my favourite areas of helmet-collecting.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    personally I would *not* count the one-piece Bundeswehr helmets as Euroclones at all; in my book it has to be a two-piece helmet to qualify.
    I agree...good collection though !
    Prost ! Steve.

Many thanks Steve on a side note I've got a nice m59 bundeswehr helmet to add to my be collection ,I'll add some pics over on the bundeswehr forum when I can sort out my camera thanks james

Nice collection James. At lest you have somewhere nice to display them, at the moment mines are under our bed. One day maybe i will be able to afford another house with my own special room.
    I know virtually nothing about clones, Out of interested what is so special about a german m1956.
    I have two of these clones but really don’t know where or when they are from. I might post them sometime to find out, they are probably modern.
    Anyway keep up the great work
    Rod

Quote by col james View Post
    on a side note I've got a nice m59 bundeswehr helmet to add to my be collection
    As a point of clarification that Greg has brough clarity to in a few past thread, the M59 designation is another one of those "Collectors" terms that has been adopted. The official designation of this helmet is M1A1 M60. Greg has been very helpful in bringing clarification to the official designations of these very nice BW helmets.

A Danish M/48 helmet should not be hard to come by, and they are not that expensive.
    I see them all the time, and they normally sell for $ 13 - $ 40 depending on what state they are in, what helmet cover they come with + inner helmet / liner.

One of my many Danish used M1 clones:
    Shell 1965
    DKI liner, cotton helmet netting, "medic" cover and 1975 chinstrap.
    my euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collection

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    A Danish M/48 helmet should not be hard to come by, and they are not that expensive.
    The first Danish M48's were of German production with resin liners. I do not think these are all too common. Russ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast