Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

my euro m1 clone collection

Article about: hi guys and gals here's a couple of pics of my m1 european clones thus far mainly west german and belgium lids enjoy james

Default Re: my euro m1 clone collection

The first clones were ordered to the Civil defence. Made of magnetic steel and with resin liners.

Old thread: Danish M48 Civilforsvaret

It looks like my own, although mine is without the B on the front.

The army did no order "new" helmets before the 1960's.
    These new helmets were made at three different plants:

Ulbrichts Witwe, Schwanenstadt (Austria)
    Linnemann Schnatzer, Ahlen (Germany)
    Busch Vereinigten Deutsche Nickelwerke AG Schwerte (Germany)

Liners were made by DKI (Dansk Kunststof Industri)
    The liners came in three different colours: Green (army) Blue (navy) and Grey (civil defence)

Prior to the first batch of Austrian M1 clones, we used surplus M1 helmets.
    They were cheaper than buying new helmets.

Trivia:
    The Austrian / German clones were actually designated M/59 but in the Equipment regulations from 1983 they are still designated M/48.

However you are right that the M48 civil defence helmets with resin liners are hard to come by.

just some updated pictures ive added my austrian m75 to the displaymy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collection

Very nice

Any chance of a close up?

Now you need a Danish M/48, a M/48-65 and a M/48-65 with M/75 chinstraps

looking good james as per usual my friend,great display all in all,cheers cheekie chappie dave.

thanks for the nice comments guys and 37 webbing if you left click on the mouse over the photo it should blow up the resolution hope this helps a little cheers james

Quote by col james View Post
    thanks for the nice comments guys and 37 webbing if you left click on the mouse over the photo it should blow up the resolution hope this helps a little cheers james
    Ahh thanks!
    I didn't know you could do that

?

Hi James - a quick question:
    just saw this M1 clone helmet (kind of looks like a Norway M58 but I'm not 100%). Which nation used this? There is a 72 (I guess date) and some other marking. Also can't make out the name of the owner.

Cheers,
    Fabe

my euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collection

Fabe, that is definately the Netherlands. I can see whay you thought Norway - green plastic liner - but the real clues to the Netherlands are the push-pull chinstrap clip (not used by any other country - though you may find it on post-war Dutch-refurbished or clone MkII supplied to...Norway!) and the liner with headband held by little straps with popstuds.

Please note - that last point can be confusing; I have examples other European M1 types that have liners with popstud headbands (definately non-standard however), so you need to see more than one distinguishing mark. The arrowhead catch, though, is unquestionably Dutch.

I concur with Greg.... definitely Dutch... and the name....... I think its actually a number?? with a signature after it V.B. or B.V.???

?

THX Guys - just by these pics, does this helmet have any problems, missing parts, etc.? It only costs around 12 EU, so I'll probably get it, if it's all ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast