Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My new helmet: a nice Dutch M34

Article about: Hello from France After a long time of silence (I had to deal with health problem, but it's all right now), I have some news. Here is my new helmet, a Dutch M34. I love it!!! I will soon mak

Default My new helmet: a nice Dutch M34

Hello from France

After a long time of silence (I had to deal with health problem, but it's all right now), I have some news.

Here is my new helmet, a Dutch M34. I love it!!!
    I will soon make some better pictures (outside, without artifical light).

Thank you for reading
    Jean Loup

Nice early helmet. I used to have a few of these Dutch lids too. In 1940 there came an orderr to remove the copper front plate, and some were painted black. It looks to me as this one has been repainted.

?

Nice example.

?

Congratulations, that's a really nice helmet

Hello Jean Loup,

Nice M34. I am afraid it has been repainted. The chinstrap and buckle are reconstructions also. Right under the oblong slit there could be a marking. Something like: 39 P or so. Late helmets from the end of 1939 and 1940 were not marked at all.

There never was an order to remove the frontal crest. Although threre was an order not to polish it! These plates should be in a dull black hue.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hell

Thank you for your information.

The color is the same everywhere on this helmet. The "liner" fixing does not move anyway. I think that it has not been removed.

There is some marking on the "liner".

At last, there is no marking under the oblong slit. My helmet is a late model.

The color on my picture is uggly. I will take some picture later with natural light.

Jean Loup

Good pics!

By the way the stamp is interesting. It says: Leather goods factory DE SPOEL in Rotterdam. Quite a rare maker to my mind. The CM stamp is made by the authority that accepted the ready made helmet in 1939: CM = Centraal Magazijn = Central Warehouse.

thank you for this information :*-)

Cheers from France

Jean Loup