Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

my second SSch 68

Article about: ive been after a second stalnoy shlyem conehead for a while now and was lucky enough to pick this up locally here in north wales i wanted a second example only for the reason of wanting an i

Thank you very much dom for the information regarding the brim stamp serial numbers ,i see they do not match up to your example's ink stamps ,i wish mine had the stamp visible ,perhaps then i can have a clue to manufacture date
    Last edited by James C; 03-21-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    Regards James

Just a little update to the thread and glad to finally bring closure after all these years ,i have recently found out this is an Iraqi refurbished Ssh68 using a locally made liner and chinstrap
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Just a little update to the thread and glad to finally bring closure after all these years ,i have recently found out this is an Iraqi refurbished Ssh68 using a locally made liner and chinstrap
    thats explains the unusual look of the liner and the aging of the leather straps showing signs of use in a desert climate, a lot of these Ssh68's also come out of Afghanistan, the Soviets left behind a lot of gear over there as well.

Thanks BG ,this example is not a one off either as a collector friend has a the very same type with the same liner and chinstrap in this shade of green and the only difference is his shell has a slightly textured paint applied some form of grit or dust was added to the mix .
    Regards James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2