Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My small collection

Article about: Starting with a M48/62 in Heerespolize markings, they added alot of padding to this one, it was worn by motorcycle riders, and has an inner flap to attach a neck guard. The next is a Swiss M

Default My small collection

Starting with a M48/62 in Heerespolize markings, they added alot of padding to this one, it was worn by motorcycle riders, and has an inner flap to attach a neck guard. The next is a Swiss M18 in a 1931 zeltbahn cover. Then we have an M71 and M71/90. The only difference between the 2 is the /90 has a bale in the rear of the helmet.My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small collection  

?

Default Re: My small collection

Nice collection....I have one of those Swiss helmets with cam cover, not the zelt.

It isn't a good idea to display these with the foam heads....they give off fumes which over time will wrck leather and cloth....

Top stuff mate,some nice lid's there.
    I Like your Swiss kit.Your Alpenflage pattern covers are tops.
    Thanks for showing.

Default Part 2

This is a Finn used Hungarian M38, the seller said it was war used, but was redone after the war.My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection

Then I have some newer Brit helmets, an M6, but the elastic on the cover is pretty well sprung, and then a Air Traffic Controller helmet.

My small collectionMy small collection

My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection

Nice bunch of helmets!

very nice collection

Thanks for the heads up AMTG, I've been thinking about making some wooden pedestal type stands, a nice thing to do in the winter, but we haven't really had a winter this year it's hard to stay in the house when it's nice out lol what does your cover look like? They used 3 different style shells for the M18 style helmet over the years, I haven't been able to find the other 2 yet. And thanks for looking, glad you all enjoyed them. I'm glad I found a use for the exercise bike as more than just a clothes rack lol

Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Starting with a M48/62 in Heerespolize markings, they added alot of padding to this one, it was worn by motorcycle riders, and has an inner flap to attach a neck guard. ...
    I also must have such swiss Military Police helmet somewhere hidden in the attic ...

BTW, such helmets were used by the Croats in the independence war.

Default The rest

these are the rest of my collection. 2 Czech helmets, 1 dated 57, the other 88. Pretty much the same shell, just different liners and chin sstraps, even the way of adjusting the liner is the same, just updated buttons.
    My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection

Bulgarian M51

My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection

Swedish, M26 I think and East German, even got a net with it, and it's never been issued, but the foam rubber is dried out and crunbly. The string for the liner is tied to the chin strap still. Even has plastic in the liner, it feels more robust than the shell.

My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection

My small collectionMy small collectionMy small collectionMy small collection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast