Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?

Article about: Hello all, I have been trying to identify these type liners recently as I have one in my collection with foreign webbing that I could never pin point the origin! The few pics are of the exam

Default Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?

Hello all,

I have been trying to identify these type liners recently as I have one in my collection with foreign webbing that I could never pin point the origin! The few pics are of the example I own, the other shown is one that it currently being sold by an Australian seller on ebay.

From what I can discover these are late 1950's- early 1960's US made liners with mystery webbing and rivets. As far I can tell these types of webbing and rivets were never used by the US. I have my suspicion that these are early (pre late 1970's) Australian issued m1 liners, but I could be wrong. My idea stems from the fact I have only seen this type in Australia so far and the webbing is the same colour shade as the iconic (white stamped) Aussie liners.

Has anyone came across one of these?

Kind regards,
    ChrisMystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?

South American origin by the looks of it.....typical Peru M1 type webbing.standard US made shell + liner then re-webbed,may be something else but its the closest match that springs to mind.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?   Mystery M1 Liner webbing, Early Aussie issue?  

?

The webbing I would agree looks South African to me looks like it is from the 70s maybe older

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I'll look into the possible South American issue.

Kind regards

?

I agree with the Peruvian theory, I have one very similar to this ,the nylon webbing and large flat rivets look very much the same as my example, which also had a nasty plastic sweatband attached.

no neck strap , no eyelet hole on front, looks like the Peruvian refurb liner

?

Having had another look at this example ,does anyone know what cover is fitted, I can make out some velcro strips, is it a PASGT cover?

JBR
    ?

I've seen several on eBay with PASGT covers and one or two with M1 woodland types. My own example has the latter. I've not seen any of these Peruvian helmets in surplus shops yet, by the way, although I believe others have. Regards, John

nice liner is it a capac ?,gel65 i wouldnt say south african ,there helmets were more based on the french m51 otan than m1 ,i too agree it being Peruvian refurbed us liner ,thanks james

?

Quote by JBR View Post
    I've seen several on eBay with PASGT covers and one or two with M1 woodland types. My own example has the latter. I've not seen any of these Peruvian helmets in surplus shops yet, by the way, although I believe others have. Regards, John
    That's very handy to know John, I will keep an eye out for these on ebay. Thanks for the heads up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast