Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nearly a complete set of m36's

Article about: by moaning minnie russ how do you know weather the paint is period or postwar done?same for the decal,as i see so many on ebay and all vary a lot on paint etc,so was there a set factory colo

Default Re: Nearly a complete set of m36's

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    russ how do you know weather the paint is period or postwar done?same for the decal,as i see so many on ebay and all vary a lot on paint etc,so was there a set factory colour?cheers dave
    Dave, mostly me saying that my M36's (two of them) are factory paint are based on the good faith of the seller and my close inspection giving me no signs of being a repaint. That being said, of course it is still possible that mine are all re-paints and I'm ceratinly not an expert at spotting the trikery of those that are trying to pass things off as something they are not. Even with my limited experiance however, it is not too hard to spot a re-paint, some are incredibly obvious while others are less so, but unless you are dealing with a widly faked helmet, it's not likely that anyone would go through the trouble to stripping a helmet to bare metal and putting forth the effort to make them look period used when the helmet in question is relatively easy to obtain at a modest price such as the Bulgarian M36.

Considering that these helmets were in service (good grief, may even *still* be in service) for sixty-odd years we can reasonably expect a lot of repaint/refurbishment. Teodor's webpage shows the chronology and likely colour schemes and presence or not of the Bulgar tricolour or red star. Quite a lot of the C type were repainted in a much lighter green and given new liners and chinstraps in (comparatively) recent years - they are obvious. Let's just say that a comprehensive collection with all the variant colour schemes and liners and chinstraps would be quite extensive. But very interesting...oh no, I wish I hadn't thought that!

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Let's just say that a comprehensive collection with all the variant colour schemes and liners and chinstraps would be quite extensive. But very interesting...oh no, I wish I hadn't thought that!
    A grouping of varient M36's does sound quite intriguing!

?

Here is an example of an A model for comparison notice the rolled edge. It is the only M36 that I have in my collection

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nearly a complete set of m36's   Nearly a complete set of m36's  

?

Liking the A model .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2