Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need a little help: post war German helmet

Article about: hi everyone new guy here need a little help with identifying this helmet i brought & its bugging as all my searches have come to a dead end. here's what i do know its post ww2 & the

Default re: Need a little help: post war German helmet

Hi Wolfman,

I checked the internet and Ludwig Baer's book Vom Stahlhelm zum Gefechtshelm (band 2). Olaf was quite right. The shell is a German M1 and was manufactured by Quist. There were actually two factories producing this helmet: F.W. Quist and Linnemann & Schnetzer. The liner is original to this helmet and was made by Maury & Co, Offenbach. This was one of six factories producing liners. I think you have a nice helmet. Rather rare in this condition.

Cheers, Emile

?

hiya Emile

cool thanks so much for all your help Emile & not to forget Olaf now i know allot more about it im so pleased i bought it, it makes a nice edition to my collection.

regards wolfman

Hi Wolfman,

Yesterday a similar helmet shell with two liners went on Ebay for Euro 195,- You did well with your helmet!

Cheers,
    Emile

?

cool thanks for that info makes me want to hold on to it even more now

Quote by thiele-lund View Post
    ... German police is organised and administered by the Federal States, some of which used decals on their WH type helmets: Hamburg, Bremen, Hessen, Saarland, Baden-Württemberg and Bayern. ...
    Hi,

Here´s an, (personalized), helmet, worn by an officer of the Polizeiposten, (Police Station), Neckartenzlingen, (Federal State Baden Württemberg).

The helmet is on the way, here´re some images of the auction.

Best regards,
    R.

Need a little help: post war German helmetNeed a little help: post war German helmetNeed a little help: post war German helmetNeed a little help: post war German helmetNeed a little help: post war German helmet

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi,

Here´s an, (personalized), helmet, worn by an officer of the Polizeiposten, (Police Station), Neckartenzlingen, (Federal State Baden Württemberg).

The helmet is on the way, here´re some images of the auction.

Best regards,
    R.
    nice Police helmet with the Wurttemberg decal, this one is often called the Model 40/52

I head this early post war helmet was mfg for a short time? until they made the other variations with different types of liners, and some with no air vents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3