Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian liner??????

Article about: Hi fellow collectors. I have had this liner for some years now, and have never really identified it properly, to put it into context this liner was originally fitted into a German M42 shell,

?

Default Norwegian liner??????

Hi fellow collectors.

I have had this liner for some years now, and have never really identified it properly, to put it into context this liner was originally fitted into a German M42 shell,which I bought many years ago. The shell is long gone, But I found this liner in a box today.
    I always assumed it was a copy /replacement for the original M42 liner, but at the same time I am aware that Norway used the M42 post -war, so is there a possibility that this liner is actually a post-war Norwegian piece, or sadly my original assumption that it is a copy ( and not a good copy) of the German item?????

There is a VERY faint stamp by the chinstrap rivet, and the headband is all leather, other than that no clues I am afraid!

Hopefully someone here will be able to shed some light on this mysterious liner, if not no problem, as I forgot I had it anyway..LOL

Norwegian liner??????
    Norwegian liner??????
    Norwegian liner??????
    Norwegian liner??????

Default Re: Norwegian liner??????

Not German from what I can tell, but not a 'fake' either by the look of it. Good luck mate

?

I don't think its a Norwegian either, I'm leaning towards Czech or around that area of country

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Not German from what I can tell, but not a 'fake' either by the look of it. Good luck mate

Thanks for looking Mate, I think I may need all the luck I get to ID this one, I've been trying for awhile know with no success ..LOL

yea opex hard one there. i was leaning towwards poland with the two stiching each side. but this liner dose not have the extra holes and different chin strap.

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    yea opex hard one there. i was leaning towwards poland with the two stiching each side. but this liner dose not have the extra holes and different chin strap.

Many thanks for looking and for the ideas, I am completely at a loss with this liner, but great ideas , gives me something to think about.