Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian M58

Article about: Hi all picked up this new unissued (still wrapped in paper!!) Norwegian M58 for my Austrian helmet collection as its shell is Austrian made by Heinrich Ulbriht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt stamped

Default Norwegian M58

Hi all picked up this new unissued (still wrapped in paper!!) Norwegian M58 for my Austrian helmet collection as its shell is Austrian made by Heinrich Ulbriht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt stamped U-SCH and dated 71
    the liner is Dutch.. as issued I believe..
    I hope to find a correct Norwegian helmet net for it soon for display!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian M58   Norwegian M58  

Norwegian M58   Norwegian M58  

Hi all
    just a quick update... I found an original unissued Norwegian M58 helmet net to go with the Helmet for display!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian M58   Norwegian M58  

Norwegian M58  

nice addition mate ,these m1 clones can be a tad confusing at times ,it looks great with the correct netting

?

Very nice in new unissued condition especially, the liner is not Dutch it is the standard issue Norwegian liner ( admittedly very much the same as Danish too), Dutch liners are similar, but the major difference is that the headband is held in place with poppers on the front where your forehead rests.

Nice example

Very nice lid!...

Hi all

Picked up this Helmet to add to the collection recently...

Mainly because of the LS made shell (I needed to compare another suspected LS made shell I have...as it turns out no it would seem not!!!)..but also because I was intrigued to find out what the origin of that helmet cover!!??
    it looked to be in rip stop woodland ......but an unfamiliar pattern...and held in place with an inner tube offcut...

Well...now I have it in hand....it seems to be a Norwegian M58!!!.... the liner is a definite!! as it has the Herren (Army) marking to the liner webbing..

The shell is too most likely... as well as U-SCH ...LS also made shells for the Norwegians!!

Now the cover, however...is still a puzzle!!... I haven't heard of the Norwegian army using Woodland camo... but this doesn't mean that they didn't !!??
    The first thought I had was child's toy/airsoft cover!!...(as it has had, the all round foliage loops removed)..but I have one of these type..and the quality is much better than that!! (especially the drawstring channel!!!)...
    any ideas???

Last edited by austromunga; 02-25-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: missed photos

Nice pickup Paul and looks great with the cover /innertube combination ,i have no idea about the origin of the cover so far