Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NVA DDR M56 helmet military police

Article about: Hi guys this helmet arrived today and I am chuffed to bits. The smell when I opened the box was great old, rusty, musty, helmet and full of dust, spider webs and dead insects This helmet has

Default NVA DDR M56 helmet military police

Hi guys this helmet arrived today and I am chuffed to bits. The smell when I opened the box was great old, rusty, musty, helmet and full of dust, spider webs and dead insects This helmet has stamped on the skirt II (size 2) 5 and 61 (year 1961) the MP helmet cover is very worn and dirty as you can see in the pics. The name B.Werner is written in red on one of the impact sponge, I can't help thinking his name was Bertie Werner Thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA DDR M56 helmet military police   NVA DDR M56 helmet military police  

NVA DDR M56 helmet military police   NVA DDR M56 helmet military police  

NVA DDR M56 helmet military police   NVA DDR M56 helmet military police  

NVA DDR M56 helmet military police  

Very interesting, Ian
    the first version of M56, do not see many around.

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Very interesting, Ian
    the first version of M56, do not see many around.
    +1

it's a very good find, they are not very common, most have been refurbed with new liners and repainted

Im a fan of the early M56 stalhelms

Very very nice

HEHEHE mine also had a dead spider! lucky it got through our tough customs!

I'm surprised they never charged me import fees on it

Nice find especially with the lid being an early M56

I remember during the "bad old days" of the Cold War these helmet covers were somewhat mythical usually only seen in DDR propaganda pics or sometimes on major parades.

I was totally amazed to find this one on Ebay.de and even more so when I won the auction at a price not much more than the much later lids that presently flood the market. It is practically mint and I think must have just lived in somebodys' locke!
    The only stamp visible in the shell is the II size mark but the configuration of the shell and liner dates it to a fairly short period anyway.

NVA DDR M56 helmet military policeNVA DDR M56 helmet military policeNVA DDR M56 helmet military policeNVA DDR M56 helmet military police

You would think that with the size of the DDR forces there would be more of these but I believe they were "wasted out" before newer types were issued and that a lot were converted to later specs.

Regards

Mark

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Nice find especially with the lid being an early M56

I remember during the "bad old days" of the Cold War these helmet covers were somewhat mythical usually only seen in DDR propaganda pics or sometimes on major parades.

I was totally amazed to find this one on Ebay.de and even more so when I won the auction at a price not much more than the much later lids that presently flood the market. It is practically mint and I think must have just lived in somebodys' locke!
    The only stamp visible in the shell is the II size mark but the configuration of the shell and liner dates it to a fairly short period anyway.

You would think that with the size of the DDR forces there would be more of these but I believe they were "wasted out" before newer types were issued and that a lot were converted to later specs.

Regards

Mark
    I can see a very faint 61? I think your helmet is dated 1961

the DDR also exported many of these to other countries like North Vietnam , Turkey, some were used in the Bosnian war, African Bush wars, others? it seems many of them were given away as military aid.

Yeah I can see a faint 61 as well

ian a very nice aquisition and to have the first pattern liner too is just great how similar are they to the TR stahlhelm liners ,i like the look of the cover what with the pulled stitching ,it shows nice issued use nice example too mark ,ian if ok id like to show mineNVA DDR M56 helmet military police

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast