Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

?

Hi James I concur that there does appear to be subtle differences in the pattern such as lighter tans that cover a wider swath with more vibrant greens and I find it rather interesting that you mention the N#2 Rep of the FFL and training in Corsica as this particular helmet came with a nice little trinket attributed to the Regiment as seen in the images below.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

That's an interesting accompanying item mark and adds a bit of substance to my inane ramblings
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:26 PM.

?

James for what ever reason it was tucked up in the liner hidden away I do not even know if the seller realized it was there as he made no mention of it.

Regards Mark

Tap 56Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Default BELGIUM M71 hybrid

Here's my Belgian M71 hybrid , it's a West German Export helmet mfg for Belgium, it has the German M71 steel paratrooper shell with the French style M78 liner with three point straps, the black plastic buckle is also marked: Fixlock 620 Pat Pend Fixfabriken Made in Sweden.

The Belgian Flag has some NCO stripes on top? possibly used in some other country?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Last edited by battle gear; 05-27-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Default Belgium M71

it's just as described by member Greg Pickersgill on page two post number 15.

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Last edited by battle gear; 05-27-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Here's an WW2 Aust dispatch riders helmet also used by Aust Para

?

Many thanx James your Tap 56 is a beauty of a lid and ticks all the right boxes showing wear indicative of a field used example and would be most welcome on my shelf...BG I must say that is an interesting helm and one I have not seen in this configuration before and Greg's description would seem to describe it to a T ...
    Rene correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly these helmets used strictly for training purposes...

Regards Mark

Firstly Battle gear I'm really taken by your Belg m71 even more interesting with the stripes ,its identical to mine albeit for the puzzle cover ,Many thanks too mark for your appreciation on what was a hard helmet for me to find ,taken me years in fact ,never seen one at all locally i picked up the jacket hood cover a while back but alas fitted to my m51 ,it just never sat right with it ,I'm really fond of the shell patina on this example so ill leave it be here is my scrimmed Brit para and my Belg m71 oh and on the subject of para's here is a nice early BW fallschirmjager beret i picked up cheers James Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling errors

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Here's my Belgian M71 hybrid , it's a West German Export helmet mfg for Belgium, it has the German M71 steel paratrooper shell with the French style M78 liner with three point straps, the black plastic buckle is also marked: Fixlock 620 Pat Pend Fixfabriken Made in Sweden.
    Just to be completely pedantic about this, I don't think we can assume that these hybrids, with the West German shell and French liner (fot forgetting the Swedish buckle...) were made in Germany. It's likely, but not certain. A couple of years ago I was in contact with Belgian expert Walter Jacobs, and he was definate that there was no known origin for these helmets. Except he was equally certain they were not local (within the Belgian para units) workshop modifications.

One good bit of news is that Walter has finished work on a book on Belgian helmets which should be out in late 2016. I'll be in the queue for that one, lots of interesting helmets in there.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast