Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

?

A rather interesting Camo example of a 1955 dated Mk II HSAT that I am waiting on in the post it will be most welcome and will display handsomely with my other Mk II's the liner is in a size 6 7/8 and was produced by C.C.L (Charles Collett Ltd, London England ),The dome pad is still present and the Sorbo rubber in the liner looks to be still soft and pliable...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Default Polish Wz63 in action with ZU-23-2 , 23mm Anti Aircraft gun

>>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Beautiful example Mark of which I'm really taken by ,i was lucky myself to pick up a 1970's era HSAT this yearParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

?

Many thanks for adding your example to the thread James have you been able to determine if the black camo splotches that were painted on your example was done so with IR paint and thanx for your input BG any thoughts for a time line for this particular image...

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Many thanks for adding your example to the thread James have you been able to determine if the black camo splotches that were painted on your example was done so with IR paint and thanx for your input BG any thoughts for a time line for this particular image...

Regards Mark
    the photo with the Polish Airborne troops looks like it was taken during the late Cold War era to me? possibly the 1980's - 1990's

Quote by Mark K View Post

Regards Mark
    Hi Mark ,I really need to set up my first generation polish NV goggles ,been promising for a long while ,only needs batteries but for some reason i seem reluctant to try out these early to mid cold war relics but can confirm that the previous owner of the HSAT confirmed It's paint scheme to be field applied IRR paint ,Time will tell when i pull my finger out that is

Default French TAP 56 with Salade cover

Here's a nice photo showing French Paras preparing for a jump, wearing the TAP 56 helmet with the "Salade" camo covers and a piece of tube or black tape around the bottom rim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Attached Images Attached Images Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world 

Great picture Battle gear and it looks like there is some hessian sacking under the Salade too

Quote by James C View Post
    Great picture Battle gear and it looks like there is some hessian sacking under the Salade too
    James C, yes that does appear to be another layer of hessian under the Salade cover, I will do the same with my helmet to add a little more camo effect.

Default French Airborne Marine Commando Algerian War

French para with the M56 TAP

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...fe4b7431b7.jpg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast