Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paratrooper helmet (fake???)

Article about: I bought this helmet and Im not sure if it is authentic or not,weight approx 1.3 kg any help would be appreciated, thanks

Default Paratrooper helmet (fake???)

I bought this helmet and Im not sure if it is authentic or not,weight approx 1.3 kg any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratrooper helmet (fake???)   Paratrooper helmet (fake???)  

Paratrooper helmet (fake???)   Paratrooper helmet (fake???)  

Well i can tell you that it is a definitely a post war helmet, of which nation i am not sure.
    You will have to ask a mod to move your thread because it is not a SS helmet so it does not fit in this sub forum.

After a quick search it would appear you have purchased a current French Paratrooper helmet, I am not sure of its numerical identification.
    *Also welcome to the forum.
    Morris

What you have is a French helmet, the F1 series 1, introduced from 1978 onwards and eventually replaced by the F2 Spectra composite helmets in the 1990s. There is also an F1 series 2, which has a different crown pad and differences to the chinstrap. You can get more information here FRANCIA 2 or here .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle F-1 série 1 :..

NB - despite what is often said on Ebay, these are *not* specifically paratroop helmets (I guess people look at the threepoint chinstrap and chincup and think...para!) but were issued generallly to all French formations. Including the paras, I imagine.

?

Welcome to the forum and posting up one of my favourite steel helmets-These models were issued en mass to French troops and were definitely not a specific "Parachutiste" issued item, and agree with Greg's comment regarding the misinterpretation on these models and their usage.