Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Piklehaube and M35

Article about: Cheers Stuka F, Ill have a tentative furtle around tonight, dont worry about the holding position, its an Erstatz steel version. Thanks again Reg

Reg
    ?

Default Piklehaube and M35

Hi All

Does anyone know what state the griffen and orange cockade represent on this piklehaube, its an erztatz tin version in half decent order, I picked it up for a good price in a local pub. The M35 was found in a skip by a friend a week before and left on my doorstep, some apple green and faint decal left.

Cheers

Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Piklehaube and M35  

Default re: Piklehaube and M35

Hi Reg, it is a Baden 1915 OR's example. The M35 looks great too.

But you have to tell the guys the story

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default re: Piklehaube and M35

found in a skip holly molly now thats some luck right there nice find by your friend & nice of him to pass it on to you

Reg
    ?

Default Re: Piklehaube and M35

Cheers guys, thanks for the ID Ade too, glad I diddnt use the fiver to buy another round, that was a lifetimes luck in a few days, both lids off a wish list thats been on going since I was about ten.

Reg

Here is a good site on Piklehaubes etc:

Kaiser's Bunker

Reg
    ?

Brilliant site, cheers again Ade......Im supposed to be doing some work, thats another 40 odd minutes surfing I feel compelled to do. LOL.

Reg

Reg
    ?

Hi

A few of you guys wanted some more Piklehaube pics, please find below. Not the mintest example and with a wonky spike, but im not perfect and my spike will be wonky after 94 years.

I cant find any markings or stampings on it, if anyone know where there might be then Ill have a look and post any findings. Im supprised at the condition of the liner, its excellent, where the rest of the lid is less well preserved.

Cheers
    Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Piklehaube and M35   Piklehaube and M35  

Piklehaube and M35   Piklehaube and M35  

Piklehaube and M35  

Hi Reg, is there not anything on the underside of the leather liner? But be very careful in looking. I actually would not worry about it.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

OK Ade, hope fort Nelson went well....you did remember to return the Ppsh 41 I hope

Thursday today....hope the last two weeks helmet collecting luck holds out

Reg

Markings could be found in the neck-cover ...the place where you are holding your thumb ..or the other side.
    And in the inside of the helmet, but you will have to gently losen and reverse the liner to do so.
    Try not to hold the helmet like you are doing on the pictures , thise can only damage the leather more then it already is.
    If you do not find any marks, do not wurry!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast