Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)

Article about: Hello, I have just purchased my first military helmet =) i researched and researched but they all look so damn similar in my eyes, even though this does look like the finnish m40 model, the

Default Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)

Hello, I have just purchased my first military helmet =) i researched and researched but they all look so damn similar in my eyes, even though this does look like the finnish m40 model, the metal "spider-web" inner liner is different than that on the finnish one so here i am back at square one, can anyone help?

Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)

Default Re: Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)

Hi Skavenger,

This is a Swedish helmet. Probably a modernized M37. Look at this link. Complementaria casco sueco mÂș 37

Cheers,
    Emile

hey, thanks for your time! You are absolutely right it is a swedish helmet, the helmet in the link looks like a newer one compared to mine both in the shades of color and amount of pins on the helmet, mine has(6) and that one has (2). Anyways I have just found something that confirms that it is a swedish helmet, upon closer inspection I noticed yellow and blue sorta coloring on the sides of the helmet, they have been scraped off long ago but you can still make out that they were the swedish emblems at one point of their life. il post pictures

Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)Please Help, cannot identify type of helmet(FINN M40?)

well there it is, a swedish shell with a modernized web liner, cool and it only cost me 11 dollars for this nice piece of history

upon even closer inspection, it appears it was black at some point and then repainted with the green color you see