Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

polish helmet identification help.

Article about: I've just acquire this helmet today. helmet is dated 1964 the style of helmet leads me to believe that this may be a polish helmet. the Arabic writing on the in side I can not identify. this

Default polish helmet identification help.

I've just acquire this helmet today. helmet is dated 1964 the style of helmet leads me to believe that this may be a polish helmet. the Arabic writing on the in side I can not identify. this helmet came out of a guys collection. and from what i was told he served in Iraq , and Afghanistan on and off over a period of 10 years. with the Australian ADF.
    Any more information or ideas on this helmet would be great.
    thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polish helmet identification help.   polish helmet identification help.  

polish helmet identification help.   polish helmet identification help.  

polish helmet identification help.   polish helmet identification help.  

polish helmet identification help.  

yes, it's a Polish Wz50 , the Iraqi's used a lot of this model steel helmets during the Iran Iraq War, I like the unusual camo paint.

good find

?

Great pick up!!!!! Now if somebody here can translate that Haji you will be all set.
    Awesome Iraqy camo
    Semper Fi
    Phil

thank you gentleman for your comments. this is why I picked this one up as it has a history to it.
    battle gear the brown paint is very similar to the Iraq helmet colour.

i love the camo finish on this vz 50 mark well done on finding such a great export example with surprisingly very little amount of liner wear ,can i ask a favour please ,ive recently posted my vz 50 in the polish sub forum of which i believe is also an export to middle east ,does yours have any stamping on the rear exterior apron like thispolish helmet identification help.polish helmet identification help. regards james

Couldn't they also be Syrian or Egyptian??
    I bought one recently from Israel and I'm led to believe this is a war trophy from the six day war.
    I like the camo!!!

Hi james. Ive had good look at the back of the helmet and the rest of it. Under good light. I have been unable to find any stamps. Cheets mark

thank you for your trouble mark cheers james

?

I've only just found this post. I have an Iraqi used wz50 ( which I have posted in another thread)
    The liner in mine isn't as good as geelongs , but in a fair condition and had a nice field repair to the chinstrap.
    I chose it out of quite a few helmets because it has a medics badge, and has been personalised by having some decoration glued to the inner back rim. Plus it was the least infested by knits!
    It doesn't have a painted domestamp, or the stamp on the back like James, but it does have a stamp of either an I or a 1 inside the crown.
    It's similar, but not the same- is this an import stamp as well?
    I've tried to take photos unsuccessfully ( I think I'm probably famous on this forum for my bad pictures)