Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

POLISH HELMET just arived

Article about: another ebay sucsess ,,£10.00 ,, a polish helmet ,ive no idea as to what model it is ,,havent realy had chanse to study it ,it arived 5 mins ago ,,the liner has a very much like the british

ian
    ?

Default POLISH HELMET just arived

another ebay sucsess ,,£10.00 ,, a polish helmet ,ive no idea as to what model it is ,,havent realy had chanse to study it ,it arived 5 mins ago ,,the liner has a very much like the british mk1-mk2 type suspension ie centrel bolt ant an X shape rubber around it with 4 wings going to 4 rubber pads ,,then the leather is suspended on that
    cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POLISH HELMET just arived   POLISH HELMET just arived  

POLISH HELMET just arived  

Default Re: POLISH HELMET just arived

Looks to be a Polish Wz 50

No, the wz50 has a liner more similar to that of the Italian M33 or Bulgar M51 and the shell is more apparently similar to the Russian ssh40 (but not identical) - this is the later version, the wz67, which was in turn superceded by the wz75 - which was another steel helmet with an almost identical shell but with an absurdly complicated liner, like a spiders web of straps and fixings. Then there came a whole run of composites - every one substantially different to the last. Fascinating area, Polish helmets.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    No, the wz50 has a liner more similar to that of the Italian M33 or Bulgar M51 and the shell is more apparently similar to the Russian ssh40 (but not identical) - this is the later version, the wz67,
    I stand corrected, thank you Greg. Not sure why I jumped on the Wz50 ID, I know the differances and have a Wz50 in arms lengh from my keyboard. Best get another cup of coffee in me before I confuse more people....

very nice wz67 as stated ,and as russ said easily confused with the model 50 ,the shells are very similar but when compared side by side the minor differances are more obvious ,ian your looks to have a hand painted militia eagle device ,i have a similar example but made from glass reinforced plastic for parade or peace keeping duties allthough identical in profile a lot lighter i guess ,are there any markings on the reverse of the liner fingers .regards james
    Regards James

ian
    ?

theres a small circle with KJ 8/3 in it ,, a large oval but i cant make out whats in it ,,to fadded,,, hand writen 41 and a name that looks like
    choizswyk
    cheers ian

thanks ian ,to be honest im unsure what that would denote ,is there an ink stamp in the inner crown area ,my wz 50's have a date stamp visible in this location ,regards james
    Regards James

ian
    ?

hi James
    no there are no other marks in or on the helmet ,, i have hunted very closely with a magnifing glass and nothing
    cheers ian

ok ian cheers mate ,we tryed ,maybe somebody else will advise better than i can ,all the best james
    Regards James

Fantastic helmet for 10 quid!...