Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Article about: Polish - DDR- NVA -WZ-63 Paratroop Helmet I have been wanting to add a Polish W-63 parachutist helmet to my collection for some time and have been biding my time until I could source an exam

?

Default Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Polish - DDR- NVA -WZ-63 Paratroop Helmet
    I have been wanting to add a Polish WZ-63 parachutist helmet to my collection for some time and have been biding my time until I could source an example that IMO showed some genuine usage as shown in the example below this particular example was reportedly used by the Polish Airborne forces but this fact is yet to be determined upon its arrival as my understanding is that if they were issued and used by the Polish Military they should be well stamped on the interior and if they were exported and used by the former East German Army (DDR - NVA) they will be devoid of all interior stampings and or markings.
    The helmet it self looks to be in nice worn condition showing normal age wear and has a nice patina about it and looks complete with the exception of the padded chin cup which were often discarded by the troops.
    These helmets were manufactured in Poland for their army, but they proved very popular with the East German Army and other services and so were exported and were standard issue for the East German Paratroop unit: 40 Fallschirmjaegerbataillon as well.
    This unit was the only paratroop unit in the East German Army and numbered about 600 soldiers in total .
    There is also period evidence in the form of images that shows that these helmets were also adopted and used by the East German Special Police,Border Police as dispatch riders alike.
    These particular helmets as well found them selves being used abroad in the Middle East and were reportedly used by Iraqi forces as well.
    Better picturers will be forthcoming upon it's arrival in the post.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet  

Cool

it looks like it's been used on a few jumps, here are some reference photos, I like the photo of the East German paratrooper with his Wz63 with some burlap under the net and his MPI AK74 assault rifle with wire folder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet   Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet 

?

Thanx BG a very nice long sought after addition for my collection was very happy to find one which gracefully shows its age and wear .
    Many thanks for the referance images the one you mentioned of particular interest I had not seen before.

Regards Mark

after looking more closely at the photo of the EG para looks like he could be using some of that camo leaf material similar to the "salade" type helmet camo.
    Last edited by battle gear; 05-09-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Hi Mark are there any updates on this one ,Iv'e really been looking forward to viewing thanks James
    Last edited by James C; 04-05-2024 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling error

?

Hi James it has arrived safe and sound I will try and shoot a few outdoor pics this afternoon .
    The misses has me on the honey do list out in the yard right now.

Regards Mark

Spot on, thanks Mark
    Last edited by James C; 04-05-2024 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling error

?

Here you are James sorry for the late reply one thing leads to another and I just finally managed to take a few outdoor pics tonight.
    It was nice to see there was an ink stamp in the dome so this particular helmet very probably seen service in Poland and not one that was exported.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet   Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet  

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet   Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet  

photos from 1990s and 2010s

Many thanks for the special in the planter pictures Mark it was well worth the wait to see this superb issued example so congratulations on a nice acquisition,its been well looked even considering It's vintage and the scrim is so unique ,i like it a lot mate cheers James
    Last edited by James C; 04-05-2024 at 01:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast