Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.

Article about: the only writing on the helmet is mmor 41, im assuming it was made in 1941 and there was predictions that it was for Egypt during ww2, i myself have no clue and would love it if someone knew

it seems then that i have stumbled upon a very unique and unknown helmet... i hope more can be found out about it. maybe some zuckerman helmets were sent to Egypt but that doesn't explain the green liner.

?

Quote by ct center View Post
    it seems then that i have stumbled upon a very unique and unknown helmet... i hope more can be found out about it. maybe some zuckerman helmets were sent to Egypt but that doesn't explain the green liner.
    It is certainly unusual and I'm not sure you will get much more information and remember it is a tenuous link between a label an a photo. It's quite common for these to have had alternative liners fitted post war, I don't think the original was that robust.
    What you know so far is that those of us with an interest in these helmets have not seen a similar example of liner.
    Personally I'm very intrigued by it, I would like to know how and who it was identified as Egyptian and if there are any markings or writing on the inside of the liner.

As Greg points out, not much is unknown about the post war migration of helmets, that we try an piece it together with what evidence we can find.

It would be helpful to re-name the thread "Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman", in the future if someone comes along with another example it would come up in a search.
    Steve.

?

Hello All, interesting thread.
    Recognised the shell / bootlace-type liner retainer immediately.
    I have a standard one of these with the simple leather / webbing liner, given to me as a youngster by a neighbour.
    Don't reckon they are worth much?

Quote by Shep View Post
    Hello All, interesting thread.
    Recognised the shell / bootlace-type liner retainer immediately.
    I have a standard one of these with the simple leather / webbing liner, given to me as a youngster by a neighbour.
    Don't reckon they are worth much?
    G'day Shep, welcome to the forum!
    I believe all civil defense helmets are interesting pieces. Mainly IMO it's due to the fact they represent the 'total war' of the period.
    You are correct, civil defence helmets from most belligerents certainly do not command high prices at all.
    The very best regards!

It is true that the CPH/'Zuckerman' is comparatively common, and often ignored as it isn't 'warry' enough for some collectors. But there are people who collect them; I'm one and I know of several others. The thing about this helmet that many people forget is that it was made by a number of manufacturers and there are actual variants in detail beyond the simple makers mark.

Also, while the majority were made in 1941 there was some production in December 1940, and - it is said - in early 1942. Finding a 1940 or 1942 dated helmet is a rare delight. They are of course all dated so all you have to do is make sure you actually *look*. Incredible amount of variation in makers for the liners as well, although I believe they are all essentially the same. The chinstraps are another thing altogether of course - you can largely ignore them as these helmets weren't issued with straps so the end-users used whatever they could find. Then there's the size - Medium and Large are common, but the Small, that's RARE...well, I cannot tell a lie, Small do not exist, never made in that size.

All that being said, even the genuinely unusual examples might be cheap as there's no real demand from rich collectors in the same way as there is for the more glamorous helmets.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    It would be helpful to re-name the thread "Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman", in the future if someone comes along with another example it would come up in a search.
    Steve.
    Done.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2